Contracts Paralegal, Transactions
We’re a game-changing company offering our users global access to quality on-demand transportation and logistics services with a touch of their smartphone. We are currently searching for a Contracts Manager in our Transactions group, with specific expertise in supporting a growing and fast-moving enterprise sales organization, as well as relevant experience negotiating, drafting and managing business, commercial and marketing transactions as we scale nationally and globally. You will be based at Uber’s HQ in San Francisco. Are you a master of enterprise-level deal terms and negotiations? Do you want to bring your expertise to Uber? Read on…
WHAT YOU’LL DO…
- You’ll be tasked with leading the Uber Enterprise contract management process, working primarily with our enterprise sales team to manage contractual relationships through their life cycle.
- Assist and support the negotiation and drafting of various agreements for our business-facing products, as well as establishing legal tools and policies to support the sales process
- Support and assist coordination between the Uber Enterprise business and technical teams and the Uber transactional legal department with all phases of contract management.
- Coordinate all aspects of contract administration, including basic review, drafting and negotiation, managing approval and signature processes, distribution and archiving, and escalating critical issues.
- Manage workflow for contract review process – manage version control and internal document tracking systems, coordinate distribution of finalized and executed contracts, answer questions about existing contracts.
- Coordinate with business and technical teams during contract review acting as the primary contact for the legal department for contractual terms, requests, review, copies, questions, etc.
- Manage forms, policies, and procedures of the transactions legal department.
- Manage electronic and physical contract databases.
WHO YOU ARE
- 3-6 years of contracts administration and management experience in a law firm and/or in-house environment, with in-house experience and direct experience working with enterprise sales organizations to negotiate, draft and finalize sales agreements strongly preferred.
- Be a contracts pro. You have the experience and confidence to review and negotiate a broad variety of agreements, including non-disclosure agreements, services agreements, basic technology licenses, and purchase terms and conditions. You spot issues, are not afraid to ask questions and possess the judgement to escalate certain type of agreements and issues to the legal team.
- Technical Savvy. Can create/use Word documents, Excel templates and e-signing tools.
- Be a good communicator. You know how to communicate clearly whether writing or speaking.
- Motivated. You understand the impact of a highly-satisfied, excited crew; you are slightly obsessive-compulsive about grinding away on, and solving problems.
- A utility player. You’re willing to help out wherever needed.
- Obsessive about the details. The Devil’s in them, after all.
- Self-Motivated. You have hustle, superior organizational skills, integrity and great follow through on tasks. You don’t get easily overwhelmed.
- Experience with contract / information management systems a plus.
- B.A./B.S. preferred. Please note that while having a J.D. will not exclude a candidate from consideration, this is a paralegal-level, non-transitional role.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top