Content Strategist, EMEA
Uber started out to solve a simple problem: the need to get a ride across town. Six years and two billion trips later, we’ve stumbled upon something a bit bigger: a new way to help tackle congestion—one of the most serious challenges cities face today.
We are present in over 450+ cities worldwide, including over 70+ cities in EMEA with plans to rapidly expand in the region. We have already found strong product market fit with a world changing service, but we’re only just getting started.
Longer term, we’re optimistic that smartphone apps like Uber can also offer a real alternative to individual car ownership. After all, if you can press a button and get an affordable ride across town in minutes 24-hours a day, why bother to own a car? There is an alternative to a world that looks like a parking lot and moves like a traffic jam. Join Uber to help make that future possible.
This is an exciting opportunity for a content copywriter to craft Uber’s CRM experience in EMEA. The ideal candidate will have a track record of writing compelling content that captivates users through every stage of the customer journey for email, SMS, the web and beyond. You’ll join on the ground floor as we build this critically important function within the creative team. We’ll look to you to help write and build a cornucopia of content that is performance driven and, most importantly, valuable to our users.
What You’ll do:
- Partner with creative strategists, marketing managers and visual designers to plan and write digital content for customers across EMEA.
- Craft compelling copy and help build a narrative together with our CRM team.
- Manage content across the editorial cycle, including copywriting, measurement, and reporting.
- Write on-brand copy, switching between style and format to suit an array of online platforms.
- Partner with cross-functional teams to plan and manage worldwide content initiatives.
- Manage and/or support infrastructure, including any work with content agencies, consultants, and contractors.
What You’ll Need:
- 5+ years of social and content marketing experience.
- Proven track record of creating and leading content for large social presences.
- Ability to articulate and proselytize a strong philosophy around content for social.
- Outstanding written communication skills are essential.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and manage deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience and comfort in working in a team environment.
- Positive attitude and enthusiasm for getting results.
- BA/BS in the liberal arts a significant plus.
Please include a link to your writing portfolio in your application.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top