Content Manager, SEO - EMEA
Uber started out to solve a simple problem: the need to get a ride across town. Six years and two billion trips later, we've stumbled upon something a bit bigger: a new way to help tackle congestion—one of the most serious challenges cities face today.
Using technology, Uber makes it quick and easy for people headed in the same direction at the same time to share their journey. It's carpooling at the press of a button. And by getting more people into fewer cars we've proven you can reduce congestion and pollution overtime. UberPOOL in Los Angeles, for example, cut the number of kilometers driven across town by 12.7 million and carbon dioxide pollution by 1,400 metric tons in just eight months.
Longer term, we're optimistic that smartphone apps like Uber can also offer a real alternative to individual car ownership. After all, if you can press a button and get an affordable ride across town in minutes 24-hours a day, why bother to own a car? There is an alternative to a world that looks like a parking lot and moves like a traffic jam. Join Uber to help make that future possible.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Content Manager to develop and implement Uber's SEO content production and content marketing strategy for the EMEA region.
The ideal candidate will have a strong track record of content management success for large international websites. You'll join on the ground floor as we look to build out this critically important function within our team. Content creation will be a combination of working with in-house talent - defining and implementing the engagement model with our city teams - as well as working with a world class vendor to help us scale, scale, scale our operation. We'll look to you to develop a cornucopia of content that is performance driven and, most importantly, provides value to our users!
What You'll Do:
- Work with Growth Marketing team to develop and drive the business plan for content marketing.
- Utilize analytics to help you make data driven decisions around what will best serve our users.
- Manage tactical execution of content marketing strategies including content pipeline build around specific genres and verticals, development of an editorial cycle, publication and tracking.
- Partner with cross-functional teams to drive content initiatives, including City teams, Growth Marketing and Platform, Comms and more.
- Manage and/or support infrastructure, including internal content production processes and any work with content agencies, consultants and contractors.
- Manage cross-functional content reporting, develop and present updates to demonstrate the impact of company's investment to senior management on regular basis.
What You Need:
- 3-5 years of content production and marketing experience for international websites, preferably with focus on EMEA region.
- Proven track record of optimizing large international content sites for competitive terms and long tail keywords.
- Ability to articulate and proselytize a strong philosophy around content marketing.
- Top quality writing and communication skills are essential.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and manage deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience and comfort in working in a team environment.
- Good knowledge of HTML and CSS is a significant plus.
- Direct experience with web analytics suites such as Google Analytics and deep knowledge of webmaster tools a significant plus.
- BA/BS in the liberal arts a significant plus.
- Employees are showered with Uber credits each month.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
We're bringing Uber to every major city in the world. We need brains and passion to make it happen and to make it happen in style!
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top