Content Manager, SEO – EMEA
Uber started out to solve a simple problem: the need to get a ride across town. Six years and two billion trips later, we’ve stumbled upon something a bit bigger: a new way to help tackle congestion—one of the most serious challenges cities face today.
We are present in over 450+ cities worldwide, including over 70+ cities in EMEA with plans to rapidly expand in the region. We have already found strong product market fit with a world changing service, but we’re only just getting started.
Longer term, we’re optimistic that smartphone apps like Uber can also offer a real alternative to individual car ownership. After all, if you can press a button and get an affordable ride across town in minutes 24-hours a day, why bother to own a car? There is an alternative to a world that looks like a parking lot and moves like a traffic jam. Join Uber to help make that future possible.
This is an exciting opportunity for a highly experienced Content Manager to develop and implement Uber’s SEO content production and content marketing strategy for the EMEA region. The ideal candidate will have a strong track record of content management success for large international websites. You’ll join on the ground floor as we look to build out this critically important function within our team. Content creation will be a combination of working with in-house talent – defining and implementing the engagement model with our city teams – as well as working with a world class vendor to help us scale our operation. We’ll look to you to develop a cornucopia of content that is performance driven and, most importantly, provides value to our users!
Job Requirements & Responsibilities:
- Work with SEO and Media Marketing team to develop and drive the business plan for content marketing.
- Utilize analytics to help you make data driven decisions around what will best serve our users.
- Manage tactical execution of content marketing strategies including content pipeline build around specific genres and verticals, development of an editorial cycle and editorial calendar, publication and tracking.
- Partner with cross-functional teams to drive content initiatives.
- Build and manage, including internal content production processes and any work with content vendors, consultants and contractors.
- Manage cross-functional content reporting, develop and present updates to demonstrate the impact of company’s investment to senior management on regular basis.
Qualifications & Experience:
- 5+ years of SEO and on-site content optimization experience with focus on content production and content marketing for international websites, preferably with focus on EMEA region.
- Solid understanding of SEO techniques and best practises.
- Proven track record of optimizing large international websites for competitive terms and long tail keywords.
- Ability to articulate and proselytize a strong philosophy around content marketing.
- Top quality writing and communication skills are essential.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and manage deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Good knowledge of core web programing languages is a significant plus.
- Direct experience with web analytics suites such as Google Analytics.
- BA/BS in the liberal arts a significant plus.
- Employees are showered with Uber credits each month.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
We’re bringing Uber to every major city in the world. We need brains and passion to make it happen and to make it happen in style!
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top