Computer Vision & Machine Learning Engineer/Research Intern
At ATG, we are ambitious, engaged and excited about transforming the way the world moves. With locations in Pittsburgh, San Francisco, and Toronto, the Advanced Technologies Group is comprised of Uber's self-driving engineering team dedicated to self-driving technologies, mapping, and vehicle safety. Our teams are passionate about developing long-term technologies that advance Uber's mission of bringing safe, reliable transportation to everyone, everywhere.
Our work doesn't end with transporting people. We are also developing self-driving truck technology to move goods more safely and cost effectively around the world. We are working to make the process of moving people and goods safer and more efficient.
We are seeking engineering interns with experience in some of the following areas:
- Machine learning (e.g., deep learning, reinforcement learning)
- Computer vision
- Perception algorithms (all types and flavors)
What you'll need:
- Educational background in machine learning, computer vision or robotics
- A strong quantitative background
- Excellent software development skills in one or more of C, C++, or Python
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Prior work in automotive applications is a plus
Do you have a background in computer vision or perception? Uber needs you to join our team, building the most advanced automotive technologies that we can dream up. We're tackling high precision mapping, automotive safety devices, and autonomy. Despite being a new division within the company, our team is made up of world-renowned researchers with decades of experience. This is your chance to develop ground breaking technology that will help change the future of transportation globally.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top