Computer Vision and Machine Learning Engineer, Self Driving
At ATG, we are ambitious, engaged and excited about transforming the way the world moves. With locations in Pittsburgh, San Francisco, and Toronto, the Advanced Technologies Group is comprised of Uber's self-driving engineering team dedicated to self-driving technologies, mapping, and vehicle safety. Our teams are passionate about developing long-term technologies that advance Uber's mission of bringing safe, reliable transportation to everyone, everywhere.
Our work doesn't end with transporting people. We are also developing self-driving truck technology to move goods more safely and cost effectively around the world. We are working to make the process of moving people and goods safer and more efficient.
Do you specialize in computer vision, sensor processing or perception systems development? Uber needs you to join our team, creating the most advanced automotive technologies that we can dream up. We're taking on high precision mapping, automotive safety devices, and autonomy. Despite being a new division within the company, our team is comprised of world-renowned researchers with decades of experience. This is your chance to develop cutting-edge technology that will help change the future of transportation around the world!
We are seeking engineers with the following experience:
- Computer vision
- Radar sensor hardware & software development
- Lidar sensor hardware & software development
- Camera sensor hardware & software development
- Sensor firmware and low level signal processing
- Sensor calibration
- Perception algorithms (all types and flavors)
What you'll need
- A PhD, MS, or BS in a robotics related discipline
- A strong quantitative background
- Excellent software development skills in one or more of C, C++, or Python
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Prior work in automotive applications is a plus!
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
- Gym reimbursement, paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Generous vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top