We are looking for an experienced individual to help build and guide information security compliance efforts.
At Uber, we pride ourselves on the amazing team we’ve built. The driver behind all our growth, our bold and disruptive brand, and the game changing technology we bring to market is the people that make Uber well, Uber. Delivering a first class, on-demand transportation experience takes a critical eye for quality, and we want a individual who has the same critical eye. This addition to our team must be organized, experienced and willing to take on the responsibility to make things happen. The Information Security Audit & Compliance Strategist will be based at Uber’s headquarters in San Francisco, CA and will report to our Head of Compliance.
The right person will be comfortable in an “all hands on deck” environment, has a “the buck stops here” mentality and can thrive in a startup culture. This is you? Well then, keep reading!
- Become a “go to expert” on security controls and compliance as it relates to Uber’s enterprise product offerings
- Lead security / compliance discussions with customers and business teams with your specialized knowledge of security risks, mitigations, controls and compliance standards
- Lead contract negotiations with focus on pragmatic security
- Work with Legal to create a contract negotiation playbook
- Manage/host customer security and compliance assessments and expectations
- Provide management on RFP’s and customer security questionnaires
- Create and maintain customer facing security and compliance documents and white papers
- Provide input to the product management organization and engineering with customer generated requests
- Oversee security and compliance education and training to various internal organizations
- Support the compliance and audit needs of Uber
- Daily opportunities to help us resolve issues central to our business.
HERE ARE THE KINDS OF SKILLS WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- 5+ years of compliance/audit experience in either consulting or enterprise security department (CISSP/CISA helpful)
- Experience in security and infrastructure protection and/or information security audit and compliance.
- Refined knowledge of information security standards, frameworks, and assessment methodologies.
- Ability to translate IT systems risk to all levels of the organization in a clear and concise manner.
- Demonstrated interest in auditing and supporting IT security systems
- Be a good communicator. You know how to communicate clearly in writing, and in speech.
- Take a global view. We’re pretty much everywhere.
- You understand the impact of a highly satisfied, excited crew; you are slightly obsessive-compulsive about grinding away on, and solving problems.
- A utility player. You’re willing to help out wherever needed.
- Obsessive about the details. The Devil’s in them, after all.
- Self-Motivated. You have hustle, superior organizational skills, integrity and great follow through on tasks. You don’t get easily overwhelmed.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
We’re bringing Uber to every major city in the world. We need brains and passion to make it happen and to make it happen in style!
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top