Compliance Analyst - Xchange Leasing
Are you a proven hustler who can combine compliance expertise with the ability to scale processes and tasks? Interested in helping to launch a new initiative in a start-up culture? Let’s talk.
Uber is a venture-funded privately-held company headquartered in San Francisco. We are a global mobility and logistics technology platform: our flagship service allows users to request quality, on-demand rides with a touch of their smartphone and we are rapidly developing new products. We are present in over 400+ cities worldwide. Xchange Leasing, LLC is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Uber dedicated to offering tailored, flexible financing options to current and prospective rideshare drivers. Xchange has been in operation for 18 months and has grown rapidly. We aspire to lead the leasing and lending industry by providing our drivers world-class credit solutions, and are and will continue to expand at a triple digit rate over the coming years. For more details on Xchange Leasing and the Uber Vehicle Solutions program, take a look at our Xchange home page HERE
This is not your “typical” compliance job. At Xchange Leasing, an affiliate of Uber, we pride ourselves on the amazing team we are building — the driving force behind our growth and our awesome product. Delivering a first class, vehicle leasing program, takes a critical eye, and we want to develop a compliance function that has that same critical eye. The new addition to our team must be organized, experienced and willing to take on the responsibility to make things happen. The right person will be comfortable in an “all hands on deck” environment, has a “the buck stops here” mentality, and can thrive in a startup culture. This is you? Then keep reading!
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Provide compliance support to the business to maintain Xchange Leasing’s compliance with all legal requirements, including but not limited to the federal Consumer Leasing Act, Regulation M, Equal Credit Opportunity Act, Regulation B, Fair Credit Reporting Act, Regulation V, Gramm Leach Bliley, Regulation P, SafeGuards Rule, Electronic Funds Transfer Act, Regulation E, Telephone Consumer Protection Act, Restrictions against Unfair, Deceptive and Abusive Acts or Practices, state Leasing laws and consumer protection laws and regulations
- Work closely with the lines of business to review and make recommendations in developing compliant policies, procedures and processes
- Review and respond to compliance or policy questions from the business
- Work with business to react to, and remediate issues.
- Assist in educating the business on the legal requirements by reviewing policies and procedures.
- Advise business units on how to implement compliant processes by appropriate deadlines, including preparing project plans and acting like a project manager to implement compliance with the laws and regulations.
- Provide support as needed in revising existing policies and procedures, and participate in testing to verify if compliance is achieved.
- Review, research and respond to escalated (CFPB, state regulatory agency and/or BBB) consumer complaints.
- Review consumer survey results for potential trends and work with business partners to close any gaps.
- Support the Xchange Leasing Legal Team in researching any matters including but not limited to title requirements, arbitration request,
- Work with Corporate Counsel in implementing and monitoring dealer oversight in junction with Dealer Account Managers.
- Leveraging financial industry experience while collaborating with business partner including but not limited to Internal Audit, Chief Financial Officer, Underwriting Engineer/Analyst.
- Assisted the Compliance Officer in preparing for, hosting and supporting external audits from state agencies, CFPB and other external auditors.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW/HAVE:
- 3-5 years minimum of compliance experience in a financial institution preferably with some experience with auto finance
- Bachelor’s degree
- Knowledge of laws and regulations applicable to a financial institution, with specific emphasis on vehicle leasing or auto finance
- Technically savvy
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to working independently with a high level of initiative, and to research and problem solve
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- An eagerness and willingness to help others
- Serious hustle
PERKS & BENEFITS
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product. you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and. reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- Free daily catered lunch and free snacks and drinks
- 401(k) plan, gym & cell phone reimbursement, nine company holidays.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top