Compensation Manager, LATAM
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use every day. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
Uber is searching for a Compensation Manager to join our rapidly growing team. Our success brings us unique challenges - join us as we build innovative and creative solutions! You'll serve as a key member of the broader global People Operations team and interact regularly with local People team and business leaders. The ideal candidate is an enthusiastic comp professional with a knack for getting things done. We'll need you to have both strategic and hands-on experience, as well as a mix of entrepreneurial and large, high-growth company experience. This position is a great opportunity to provide vision and direction around strategic compensation program delivery. Ideal candidate thrives in a very fast-paced, constantly changing environment.
What You'll Do
- Partner with our HRBPs to advise and influence business leaders in compensation strategy, programs and issues while balancing business acumen, reward expertise and relationship skills
- Drive identification, assessment and execution of ongoing compensation process improvement
- Work with cross-functional teams and leadership to understand business goals and recommend/implement new approaches, policies and processes to effect continual improvements in compensation programs
What You'll Need
- Regional experience needed, Mexico & Brazil at a minimum.
- 8-10+ years of experience in a professional, fast-paced environment. A strong background in Compensation, Mathematics, Finance, Statistics or Economics preferred
- Minimum of 5 years progressive compensation experience with increasing levels of responsibility in identifying, consulting, designing, recommending, and implementing efficient, innovative business solutions to clients' challenges
- Minimum of 2 years people management experience required
- Consulting experience preferred
- Strong analytical capabilities, familiarity with broader underlying concepts, and ability to communicate persuasively with business partners to resolve highly complex problems and recommend or produce best solutions for their client
- Works independently to drive and manage projects across multiple functions and client groups, utilizing subject matter expertise and knowledge of both internal and external business practices to improve products or service offerings
- Works regularly and comfortably with high-level individual contributors and managers across multiple functions
- Strong planning, project management, organizational and communication skills
- Proven ability to adapt and work effectively in a matrix organization with competing deadlines
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top