Community Operations - Strategy & Planning Leader LATAM - Mexico City
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
About the rol
The Strategy and Planning Leader will champion high priority projects across the LATAM Region. Based in Mexico City, but working with teams across the region, you will provide hands-on leadership to help design, prioritize, and implement projects to help this fast growing region scale. Using operational and analytical experience from challenging environments in the past, this role will be instrumental in driving our business forward. We're looking for someone who can set a vision and can solve problems from 30,000 feet as well as dive deep into the details. You will work across many functions and teams, in the region and in other international offices.
As a key member of Uber's LATAM team, you will partner with the Regional Leads to support strategic decision making through your analytics, heavy data driven approach, and operational mindset. You should have strong analytical skills, excellent time-management and organizational habits, and clearly communicate and present information to seek agreement.
What you'll do
- Work closely with other Strategy and Planning Regional Leads across the company to develop overall company operational strategy
- Work with the Regional Leads to set strategic priorities, align regional and company vision, and share best practices
- Be a hustling multi-tasker, supporting community operations across the region. You'll be THE go to person for many key initiatives, not just for Community Operations, but across key teams within the organization such as Finance, Fraud, Growth, and Product
- Identify operational and structural weaknesses and help improve existing or develop new processes to keep the regional teams as efficient as possible
- Build, maintain, and communicate detailed reporting models to assist community operations expansion efforts, and make data driven decision
- Collaborate with other functional areas (Engineering, Business Development, People Operations, Product, Legal, Finance etc.) to ensure we are bringing all available tools to bear on our toughest problems
- Be incredibly truth-seeking with data, set a high bar for the team to think boldly and creatively and then to funnel that energy into concrete processes and execution plans, move fast, be biased toward action
What you'll need
- 6 - 10 years of investment banking / strategy consulting experience; some high-growth operations or startup experience is strongly preferred
- Extraordinary communication and organization skills
- Ability to work with remote teams and across time zones to develop strategies and cultivate a cohesive and creative work environment
- Balance attention to detail with swift execution - we need to do things quickly, and we need to do them well.
- Explorer - the ability to self-serve, investigate and get the data we require will make you much more effective in this role. Self-starter attitude is a requirement!
- A high bar across the board - from your own contributions to the people you work with to the products you work on
- A "driver" personality - biased toward action, great collaborator and master simplifier - constantly pushing toward clarity and delivery
- Extraordinary Excel / data management skills
- Grittiness. You never hesitate to roll up your sleeves and tackle something hands-on; you persevere when others fall away
- Clear communicator. You are a clear and concise communicator with the ability to synthesize a lot of information quickly, highlight the key take aways, and disseminate actionable insights
- Bachelor's degree from top university; MBA highly preferred
- SQL proficiency strongly preferred
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Full-time salary negotiable based on experience, healthcare.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically inspires people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top