Community Operations Specialist - Social Media Support
"Let's Uber home, shall we?" asked one friend to another after a long day at work.
Very few companies have the pleasure of offering a product so popular that their name becomes a verb.
Quoted ever so often as the world's most valuable start up and with its presence in more than 425 cities around the world, Uber's customer support becomes a very vital part of our business. It is safe to say that customer support is the core of our company. Handling our rider and driver communities' concerns, regardless of how tough, gruesome and challenging they might turn out to be is essentially one of the most powerful and direct ways that show an impact on Uber, as a brand.
We'll cut this story short and open the door for a brilliant opportunity instead! We're now hiring for Community Operations Specialists, who will handle rider and driver-partner concerns pan India, with utmost elan and efficiency and via emails and phone calls alike. Did we mention that this is essentially for social media support? Let's put all those social media skills to a great use here on.
Always be hustlin': Hustle is in our DNA. SoRT is a team which works with Rider, IRT and the ECR team on email as well as phone modalities. The team responds publicly on 'Uber India Support' social media handle, regardless of the time or day. To manage the spread, we operate in 3 shifts and work round the clock. The team monitors and takes care of all support queries raised by the rider and driver partner alike, with utmost ease. The role also demands a high sense of judgement as one would be responding externally as 'Uber India', which ideally means that you could make or break Uber's image on social media channels like Twitter or Facebook.
Goes without saying that impeccable written communication skills are mandatory for the team for very obvious reasons. An ideal candidate for SoRT is expected to not only have excellent verbal skills but also have the ability to hold an engaging conversation, while multi tasking to find the best possible solution to any given situation.
The team also handles all Emergency/ Security related issues that are raised on social media and it is a given that the candidate will be trained (on IRT) and will be expected to independently handle emergency support when needed.
While you bring in everything mentioned above to the our table, never forget to bring your own personality to it.
WHO YOU ARE
- Great communicator: You build trust with riders and driver-partners through your communication. You have a way with words and enjoy expressing your thoughts in your emails and phone conversations that reflect the Uber hustle
- Empathetic: You are obsessed about customer experience, and instantly build a rapport with the riders and driver-partners by being empathetic, acknowledging the situation, and displaying a genuine willingness to help
- Problem solver: Not all customer issues are straightforward. You are someone who is passionate about putting the customer first and finding right solutions no matter how challenging the situation
- Process compliant: You know how to balance freedom of expression and process compliance making it easy for riders and driver partners to feel Uber love while making it easy to analyze ways to scale support
- Comfortable with ambiguity: You enjoy high pace of work and an environment where all answers are not readily available but will need you to be a part of finding answers
- Fun to work with: You are hardworking, a great team player, and a lot of fun to work with
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Provide world class customer support through emails and phone calls from riders and driver-partners in Bangladesh. You will also support the other IndiaSA markets as and when required.
- Help in improving processes so we always optimize for better customer experience
- Identify patterns and help in making the support systems better as we scale
- Maintain high quality in core work
- Contribute to building the team and the organization for long term success
- Exceptional spoken and written Bengali and English
- Willing to work in a 24x7 shifts
- No disciplinary issues reported
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the direction of the company (we are just getting started)
- Sharp, motivated, hard-working co-workers
- Opportunity to not only get your hands dirty but also contribute strategically to build an awesome team
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top