Community Operations Specialist - Manila
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
About the job
- At the core of the Uber business is customer support. Our organization understands that the way we handle the most compelling, most challenging rider and partner-driver concerns has measurable impact on our business.
- This is why Uber is now looking for Community Operations Specialists, who will champion rider and partner-driver support efforts for different cities globally.
- At Uber, we do everything possible to make Uber unlike any other company out there by means of providing amazing support for both riders and partner-drivers. We're always looking for unique and exciting ways to resolve the most challenging problems riders and partners in cities we operate in encounter. Through excellent support, we take dissatisfied riders and turn them into our most passionate evangelists; We will always work to have riders ride an Uber again and again. We also empower the livelihoods of our partners; We make sure that we take care of any concerns Uber partners may have so they can get out on the road and move riders around cities.
- This role is about taking support to a whole new level, spreading UberLove all over different cities globally.
What you'll do
- You will be at the forefront of rebuilding Uber to be a brand not only known for its amazing product, but for its awesome customer service. You will deliver only the best customer service for riders and partner-drivers globally across multiple support platforms: email, live chat, instant messaging and phone
- Be the charming, natural problem-solver the riders and partner-drivers will love. You understand them and will do your best to reach the resolution needed. You will cause riders to continue riding, and partner-drivers to continue operating on the platform. You will also be the reason that riders and partner-drivers will rave about the brand and will advocate for us to get more people to be users of the app.
- Be goal-oriented not only for the company and our vision, but also for your career. As you grow within the organization, you proactively share how you think we could improve the way we do things and drive these changes - after all, in Uber, we embrace new ideas and constant change.
What you'll need
- Passion about growing Uber through excellent support. You will be revolutionizing the concept of support at Uber. You're excited about addressing the most challenging problems and questions from riders and partner-drivers.
- Calm under pressure. Dealing with new and different challenges among a wide range of rider and partner-driver cultures excites you. You like finding resolutions, using all resources available to you. You can move quickly with care. You embrace change and can absorb new information during times of pressure without losing composure during exchanges with the user.
- Incredible empathy and understanding. You are easily adaptable to the emotion and tone of the rider or partner-driver you are dealing with. You are able to identify and resolve their issues quickly while knowing how to shift and adjust your approach with each of them.
- Eloquence and technical knowledge. A rider or a partner-driver will appreciate having you on the other end of the line, as you are sure and knowledgeable of the product. This makes you awesome to exchange info with. You're very comfortable using either written or spoken English to handle user concerns over email, through instant messaging or over a call. You also embrace most, if not all, things tech-related, thus your passion about our product.
- A bachelor's degree from any field.
- Work experience in a high energy, productive environment.
- Excellence in both written and spoken English.
- Exceptional comprehension and writing skills.
- High proficiency using computers (typing, quickly navigating between various tools) and software.
- Excellent problem solving skills, ability to connect effectively what users are asking for with answers to their true issues.
- Passion for creating support experiences that exceed users' expectations.
- Willingness to work in a team environment, contributing to a collaborative work environment where people learn from one another and continuously improve processes on behalf of users.
- To be an Uber evangelist - you care passionately about the product and getting others excited to ride and partner with Uber.
- A willingness to work on different shifts, totaling 40 hours per week, including weekend and weekly evening shifts.
- Work experience in customer-centric industries (ex. Hotels, airlines, banking) is preferred.
- Experience dealing with different markets (countries) and having good understanding of cultural differences is preferred.
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the direction of the company
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built
- We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
You will be part of a great team. We're creating something awesome that we get to share with the world. You must be ready to roll up your sleeves, but also think strategically and bring the voice of Uber to everyone!
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top