Community Operations Specialist - Manila
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
Responds on escalated concerns of driver-partner and riders globally
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team
- You will be at the forefront of rebuilding Uber to be a brand not only known for its amazing product, but for its awesome customer service. You will deliver only the best customer service for riders and partner-drivers globally across multiple support platforms: email, live chat, instant messaging and phone
- Be the charming, natural problem-solver the riders and partner-drivers will love. You understand them and will do your best to reach the resolution needed. You will cause riders to continue riding, and partner-drivers to continue operating on the platform. You will also be the reason that riders and partner-drivers will rave about the brand and will advocate for us to get more people to be users of the app.
- Be goal-oriented not only for the company and our vision, but also for your career. As you grow within the organization, you proactively share how you think we could improve the way we do things and drive these changes - after all, in Uber, we embrace new ideas and constant change.
What you'll need
- A bachelor's degree from any field.
- Work experience in a high energy, productive environment.
- Excellence in both written and spoken English.
- Exceptional comprehension and writing skills.
- High proficiency using computers (typing, quickly navigating between various tools) and software.
- Excellent problem solving skills, ability to connect effectively what users are asking for with answers to their true issues.
- Passion for creating support experiences that exceed users' expectations.
- Willingness to work in a team environment, contributing to a collaborative work environment where people learn from one another and continuously improve processes on behalf of users.
- To be an Uber evangelist - you care passionately about the product and getting others excited to ride and partner with Uber.
- A willingness to work on different shifts, totaling 40 hours per week, including weekend and weekly evening shifts.
Bonus points if
- 5 years total work experience in high-growth, productive constantly changing environment.
- Work experience in customer-centric industries (ex. Hotels, airlines, banking) is preferred.
- Extensice experience dealing with different markets (countries) and having good understanding of cultural differences is preferred.
About the Team
- You will be part of the Manila COE Operations team serving various lines of businesses for Uber. Our teams attend to customer's concerns via chat, phone calls or in-app help.
Back to top