Community Operations Quality Assurance TeamLead
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
About the job
At Uber, providing amazing customer support that establishes trust for riders and driver partners—our community—is a core feature of our product experience. We invest in this mission and believe in providing the highest quality service implemented in the smartest, most efficient way.
Community Operations is pioneering how Uber manages rider and driver partner support around the globe and we're looking for a Quality Assurance Team Lead, (you!), to develop and lead various support efforts within our São Paulo Center of Excellence (COE). Uber COEs are contact management centers dedicated to providing premier customer support to riders and drivers. Uber relies on the COEs to provide support for our community's toughest issues types, and provides an environment to pilot support for new products or test new support modalities or processes.
The role is about supervising the Quality Assurance program in the COE which delivers actionable support quality insights to operational support teams. You will think strategically to drive projects which improve agent quality, site calibration & deliver business insight from audit results. This is a leadership position with a heavy focus on people management and continuous process improvement. Those interested should be excited to demonstrate those skills and be eager to lead a team of equally motivated team members
- Passionate about making magic for our communities and have an enthusiastic attitude. You view every support interaction as a chance to impact our riders and driver partners in a positive way
- You will be a powerful advocate for Uber's customer excellence values and are obsessed with the community experience.
- A lover of feedback. You will be responsible for developing effective strategies to empower Quality Auditors on providing meaningful data driven feedback to CSRs (Customer Support Representatives), in order to improve their performance.
- An ace problem solver. Express creative problem solving skills, structured thinking & be highly process oriented.
- You embrace challenges, and would stop at nothing to improve processes effectiveness -whether they are short-term workarounds, or more long-term process improvements.
- A brilliant communicator. You're eloquent and able to strike the perfect tone, whether you're providing feedback to an auditor, or leading a calibration session with the LOB (Line of Business) managers through a video conference.
- Data-driven and analytical in mindset. You can look at any spreadsheet and know the right questions to ask to get to actionable outcomes, and you know how to explain data in a compelling way.
- Get stuff done. You have superior organisational skills, integrity, and great follow-through on tasks.
What you'll do
Lead with courage:
- Lead, motivate, and develop high performing teams of Quality Auditors within a time-sensitive and demanding environment to deliver on quality key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Stay present and available for your team; this includes covering the floor, answering questions, hosting weekly 1-on-1 meetings, and providing real-time feedback
- Audit your team's performance with weekly audits and guide towards progressive improvements; identify opportunities for additional training & development
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert (SME). Identify trending issues and guide Quality Auditors to do the same in their daily work.
- Analyze the performance of your teams and provide constructive feedback to Quality Auditors on a consistent basis.
- Deep dive and analyze to find trends and root causes of errors to improve CSR performance.
- Facilitate continuous process improvement to deliver a excellent experience every time, all the time.
- Be a critical thought partner to COE Management in developing a exceptional experience to the customer.
- Collaborate with other teams to iterate and experiment with process and content (language, tone, format, etc.) to strive for the highest possible level of quality in a way that balances the dual needs of global consistency and local touch.
- Determine the definition of success for various processes and forms of content; track performance and share best practices throughout the organization while iterating as needed.
- Liaise with various lines of businesses and regions to calibrate audits, implement best practices and drive performance improvements.
- Coordinate with Learning and Development to turn quality data into learning opportunities for both new and tenured CSR.
- Responsible for identifying trends and report weekly quality metrics, helping your specific line of business trend towards favorable satisfaction and process` accuracy metrics.
- Know the numbers – facilitate the reporting and data analysis at the local level to identify the root causes of customers dissatisfaction and set priorities that action the main levers to improve support quality.
What you need:
- Experience working in a fast-paced highly detail-oriented environment, demonstrating a high degree of diligence and accountability.
- Self motivated and reliable to meet deadlines.
- Expert Knowledge of Excel (you will be evaluated during the process).
- Full professional proficiency in English Language (you will be evaluated during the process).
- Creative / Proactive in thinking about a bigger picture and how we can improve as a company.
- Great critical thinking and problem solving skills, familiarity with the handling of metrics, processes mapping multi-tasking.
- Demonstrated ability to encourage and manage effectively, set team goals, develop people to their highest levels of performance, and guide through challenging situations while maintaining a positive, can-do attitude.
- Comfortable delivering tough feedback - you'll need to tune into Quality Auditors' performance, give reinforcing feedback where necessary, and offer critical feedback for growth opportunities as they arise.
- Ability to work well in a team environment, contributing to a synergistic work environment where people learn from one another and continuously improve processes on behalf of users.
- Calm under pressure. You have superb organizational skills, integrity, and great follow-through on tasks.
- Natural curiosity. You love learning how things work and you're always looking for ways to innovate. You enjoy testing different support strategies and tracking the results.
- Eloquence. You're eloquent and able to strike the perfect tone, whether you're providing feedback on a new policy to CSRs, explaining the importance of certain complicated metrics, or responding to support issues over email.
- Agility. You can move quickly with care. You embrace change and can absorb new information with ease.
- Ability to troubleshoot problems and find speedy resolutions.
Bonus points if you have:
- 2+ years experience in a customer service leadership role
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top