Community Operations Manager - Vietnam
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
About the job
- Customer support is integral to our business: We do everything possible to provide a world-class experience for both riders and partner-drivers
- We are problem solvers: We resolve complex and challenging problems on a day-to-day basis, while also using the feedback from these issues in order to keep innovating and elevating the Uber experience
- We are the voice of the customer: We make our users' lives better by taking care of their concerns so they always have access to a convenient, reliable ride and the means of earning a livelihood
- This is why Uber is now looking for a Community Operations Manager, who will lead user support efforts for your country
What you'll do
- As the local support lead, you will be responsible for managing and regularly improving the customer experience for all our lines of businesses in the country, in partnership with regional and global teams
- Work closely with the country GM and city leads to define and monitor SLAs, help set up support requirements for new products and markets, roll out new support channels, launch experiments and beta tests and report ongoing results
- Within the larger regional Community Operations team you're part of, you will be the voice of users in your country and an evangelist for your country's unique support needs
- Develop a team of local Community Operations Specialists, who handle complex support issues and escalations, help create support logic for new scenarios and work closely with our outsourcing partners to ensure the highest level of quality
- Act as a business partner to your GM, staying in touch with business growth and direction and crafting a support network that anticipates the future
- Act as an advisor to the Regional Lead for Community Operations by providing insight into support needs for your country and proactively sharing ways to improve things
- Work with your peers to drive alignment between country Operations teams, regional Community Operations teams and our Center of Excellence and outsourcing partners, always ensuring that the customer's needs come first
What you'll need
- Passion about growing Uber through excellent support: You will be revolutionizing the concept of support at Uber. You're excited about engaging closely with most challenging problems and questions from riders and partner-drivers.
- Calm under pressure: Dealing with new and different challenges among a wide range of rider and partner-driver cultures excites you. You embrace change and can get things done under pressure and with limited resources.
- Diplomacy, empathy and understanding: You are easily adaptable to the emotion and tone of the rider or partner-driver you are dealing with. You are able to defuse tensions and deal with sensitive situations without losing your composure.
- The ability to get the best out of your people and also able to generate results through a cross-functional team.
- To be process driven: You love addressing problems by looking at them through a structured framework to first identify the biggest areas of opportunity and then address each issue in a systematic and methodical way.
- Ownership: You get things done, quickly, efficiently and effectively and see each situation, project or initiative through from end-to-end. You self-start to resolve problems on your own, and have the ability to do so in a constantly changing work environment.
- A bachelor's degree, Master's preferred.
- Work experience of at least 4 years in a high energy, productive environment (e.g. consulting) or customer-centric industry (e.g. hotels, airlines, banking).
- Excellent written and spoken English as well as local language.
- Exceptional communication, comprehension and writing skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills, ability to connect effectively what users are asking for with answers to their true issues.
- A passion for creating support experiences that exceed users' expectations.
- Leadership qualities
- Willingness to work in a team environment, where people learn from one another and continuously improve processes on behalf of users.
- To be an Uber evangelist - you care deeply about the product and getting others excited to ride and partner with Uber.
- Deep self-motivation with high aptitude for collaboration.
- Uber credits every month for taking trips
- Monthly gym reimbursement
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the direction of the company
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built
- We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
You will be part of a great team with a huge impact on Uber's business. We're creating something awesome that we get to share with the world. You must be ready to roll up your sleeves, but also think strategically and bring the voice of Uber to everyone!
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top