Community Operations Manager, UberEATS - France
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
About the job
At Uber, support is more than just answering questions. It's about using the information customers give us as insights to help UberEATS grow. Moreover, providing amazing support that establishes trust within our community — UberEATS customers, delivery partners and restaurants — is at the centre of the UberEATS customer experience. We're obsessed about providing the highest quality service, in the smartest way. And for Uber to continue its growth and success, we need to be able to not only improve but also scale our fast-growing support operations.
We're looking for a Community Operations Manager to build, operate, scale and improve Community Operations for French-speaking markets. This role comes with a heavy focus on solving problems through data analytics and leading teams to deliver stellar outcomes and continuous process improvement, advocating passionately on behalf of our community to influence the overall customer experience, and managing senior stakeholder relationships across the larger business to set the right expectations and deliver handsomely on them.
What you'll do
- Program/project management: Be a hustling multi-tasker, supporting projects across the region. You'll be THE go to person for many key initiatives within Community Operations.
- Deliver stellar operations outcomes according to agreed service level agreements: working with partners to achieve the best outcomes across thousands of support interactions every week, and ensuring they operate as efficiently as possible while maintaining the highest level of quality.
- Pilot and own new initiatives that transform our support operations and improve the level of service we provide: iterating existing support modalities and launching new ones as UberEATS continues to grow.
- Draw actionable recommendations that help drive our growth by diving deep into the numbers and finding insight; steering a team to make data-driven decisions and process improvements.
- Lead by example: Be incredibly truth-seeking with data, set a high bar for the team to think boldly and creatively and then to funnel that energy into concrete processes and execution plans, move fast, be biased toward action
- Engage strategically with stakeholders, be it general managers and function leads to influence business goals and priorities, central global teams to improve internal tools and the overall user experience, or local teams.
Who you are
- Proven experience: whether it be in a start up, bank, consultancy, or corporate, you are someone who loves driving change in a fast-paced environment (2-4 years is preferred).
- Data-driven and analytical in mindset. You can look at any spreadsheet or SQL query and know the right questions to ask to get to actionable outcomes, and you know how to explain data in a compelling way.
- A problem solver. You embrace challenges, and would stop at nothing to create solutions—whether they're hacky, short-term workarounds, or more long-term process changes.
- A brilliant communicator. You're eloquent and able to strike the perfect tone, whether you're explaining a new policy to customers in writing, or explaining the recommendations of a data-driven study you conducted to global stakeholders through a video conference.
- A natural leader. You are passionate about leading and developing teams to perform at the highest levels while maintaining a fun and collaborative environment.
- A lover of process and optimisation. You will be revolutionising support for the UberEATS community. You're excited about the opportunity to create and experiment with support processes, and are willing and able to lead others in iterating and executing them.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built.
- We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated, hardworking coworkers in a fun office environment
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top