Community Operations Manager - Tokyo
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
About the job
Community Operations Managers drive forward processes and customer experience by delivering amazing support services for our rider and driver partner community. This content and process-driven role calls for a combination of analytical thinking, excellent communication skills, and the ability to develop effective processes. They are champions for driving effective rider and driver partner experience by working closely with Uber's Community Operations and city operations teams along with headquarters-based engineering, product, and process teams.
What you'll do
- Own rider and driver partner experiences by identifying and eliminating defects that detract from our community's experience.
- Create regional or city-specific support resources for team members to use when resolving rider and driver partner issues.
- Drive alignment between city and regional teams, Centers of Excellence and Support Centers to ensure a consistent and world-class customer and support experience.
- Seek out, identify, and address the top support issues our community is experiencing. The end goal being that policies and processes work so well and are so clearly laid out that riders and drivers don't need to contact us.
- Streamlining support by partnering with internal stakeholders to improve processes, reduce or eliminate unnecessary support contacts and fully resolve rider and driver issues, while empowering future self-resolution.
- Owning actions across the company by managing communications, ensuring that responsibility for service is spread across the whole organization and driving accountability and results within customer support teams. You will be the "voice of riders and driver partners" in your region and advocate for their needs to the rest of organization.
What you'll need
- Drive and resourcefulness - Community Operations Managers are responsible for continually running and optimising Uber's support network in Southeast and North Asia to provide the best customer experience to our riders and driver-Partners. Community Operations Managers also constantly monitor the performance of the network at any given point in time, optimizing SLAs and metrics ensuring the highest levels of service. This requires a constant focus and the highest levels of dedication.
- An analytical ability - We are committed to a data-driven approach to running our business. In order to efficiently develop the network, you need to be able to constantly monitor and understand trends , and use our data to make the right, data-driven operational decisions.
- People skills - You'll need truly world-class people skills to be able to lead people internally and externally to drive at times, in places, and in ways that ensure a world-class experience for our users.
- At least 4 years of work experience, preferably in a global or regional function is preferred.
- SQL knowledge is preferred, but not required
- Proficiency in English and Japanese is mandatory
- Employees are given Uber credits every month!
- Monthly gym and phone reimbursement.
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
Salary and compensation based on experience.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top