Community Operations Manager - Tokyo
Uber is evolving the way the world moves. By seamlessly connecting riders to drivers through our app, we make cities more accessible, opening up more possibilities for riders and more business for drivers. From our founding in 2009 to our launches in over 450+ cities today, Uber’s rapidly expanding global presence continues to bring people and their cities closer. If you want to have a huge impact on your city and the world, this is the place to be!
About the Role
- Customer support is integral to our business: We do everything in our power to provide a world-class experience for both riders and partner-drivers
- We are problem solvers: We solve complex and challenging problems on a day-to-day basis, while also using the feedback from these issues in order to keep innovating and elevating the Uber experience
- We are the voice of the customer: We make our users’ lives better by taking care of their concerns so they always have access to a convenient, reliable ride and the means of earning a livelihood
- This is why Uber is now looking for a Community Operations Manager, who will lead user support efforts for your country
What you’ll do:
- As the local support lead, you will be responsible for managing and actively improving the customer experience for all our lines of businesses in the country, in partnership with regional and global teams
- You will work closely with the country GM and city leads to define and monitor SLAs, help set up support requirements for new products and markets, roll out new support channels, launch experiments and beta tests and report ongoing results
- Within the larger regional Community Operations team you’re part of, you will be the voice of users in your country and evangelist for your country’s unique support needs
- You will manage a team of local Community Operations Specialists, who handle complex support issues and escalations, help build out support logic for new scenarios and work closely with our outsourcing partners to ensure the highest level of quality
- You will act as a business partner to your GM, staying in touch with business growth and direction and crafting a support network that anticipates the future
- You will act as an advisor to the Regional Lead for Community Operations by providing insight into support needs for your country and proactively sharing ways to improve things
- You will work with your peers to drive alignment between country Operations teams, regional Community Operations teams and our Center of Excellence and outsourcing partners, always ensuring that the customer’s needs always come first
What you are:
- Passionate and obsessed about growing Uber through excellent support: You will be revolutionizing the concept of support at Uber. You’re excited about tackling head on the most challenging problems and questions from riders and partner-drivers.
- Cool and calm under pressure: Dealing with new and different challenges among a wide range of rider and partner-driver cultures excites you. You embrace change and can get things done under pressure and with limited resources.
- Diplomatic, empathetic and understanding: You are easily adaptable to the emotion and tone of the rider or partner-driver you are dealing with. You are able to defuse tensions and deal with sensitive situations without losing your composure.
- Inspiring leader: You’re the kind of person people want to follow. You’re able to get the best out of your people and also able to generate results through cross-functional teams
- Data driven: You are comfortable with data and analysis and can get quickly to the core of a problem using numbers. You are able to use data to drive business decisions.
- Process driven: You love tackling problems by looking at them through a structured framework to first identify the biggest areas of opportunity and then tackle each issue in a systematic and methodical way.
- Ownership: You get things done, quickly, efficiently and effectively and see each situation, project or initiative through end-to-end. You self-start to solve problems on your own, and have the ability to do so in a constantly changing work environment.
Here are the kinds of skills we’re looking for:
- Bachelor degree from a good institution, Masters preferred
- Work experience of 4-8 years in a high intensity, fast paced environment (e.g. consulting) or customer-centric industry (e.g. hotels, airlines, banking)
- Excellent written and spoken English as well as local language
- Exceptional communication, comprehension and writing skills
- Excellent problem solving skills, able to connect effectively what users are asking for with answers to their true issues
- Passion for creating support experiences that exceed users’ expectations
- Leadership qualities
- Willingness to work in a team environment, where people learn from one another and continuously improve processes on behalf of users
- An Uber evangelist — you care deeply about the product and getting others excited to ride and partner with Uber
- Strong self-motivation with high aptitude for collaboration
- Employees are given Uber credits every month!
- Monthly gym reimbursement
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the direction of the company
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built
- We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally
- Sharp, motivated, hard-working co-workers in a fun office environment
You will be part of a great team with a huge impact on Uber’s business. We’re building something awesome that we get to share with the world. You must be ready to get your hands dirty, but also think strategically and bring the voice of Uber to everyone!
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top