Community Operations Manager - Sydney (RCO)
Uber is evolving the way the world moves. By seamlessly connecting riders to drivers through our app, we make cities more accessible, opening up more possibilities for riders and more business for drivers. From our founding in 2009 to our launches in over 450+ cities today, Uber’s rapidly expanding global presence continues to bring people and their cities closer. If you want to have a huge impact on your city and the world, this is the place to be!
About the Role
At Uber, amazing customer experience is at our core. We’re obsessive about wowing our driver partners and riders via the support we provide them, and our continued growth and success depends directly on our ability to scale and improve on that amazing experience.
In this role, you’ll be asked to help build our operations for Australia & New Zealand to deliver the world-class service – to thousands of driver partners and riders – that will become part of the backbone for the global company that we are.
As an early leader of a rapidly growing team, you will develop, implement, and iterate on structured programs to lay the foundation of our experience and service organisation, that will employ teams of service representatives. You will be resolving the toughest of issues from partners and riders every day at massive scale.
You love building professional, repeatable processes and standards to scale support operations, while not forgetting that creating those positive, lasting relationships with our driver partners and riders is at the core of what makes Uber so special. Naturally gifted at people management and experience design, you leverage your unparalleled empathy and charm to turn any rider or driver partner into our strongest supporters and ambassadors at massive scale. You’ll also be working with team members at all levels to provide world-class experiences.
What you’ll do:
- Work with our engineering and process teams to improve internal tools and user experience.
- Build an efficient and scalable support operation that produces stellar response times and high quality responses.
- Be a passionate advocate for all riders and partners in ANZ, and answer any questions that come your way.
- Build loyalty among new riders and partners, and get our early adopters to fall in love with Uber all over again.
Here are the kinds of skills we’re looking for:
- Entrepreneurial self starter. You are ready for the autonomy that comes with building a new team within Uber, which includes defining the roles and responsibilities, goals and metrics, and processes within that team. You recognize that not every situation has a playbook, and are ready to face new problems and think of solutions independently.
- People focused. You’re naturally great at dealing with people; whether listening to irate riders, supporting partners, or setting proper expectations with internal stakeholders.
- Efficiency and process obsession. You hate inefficient processes and you are skilled at creating processes to eliminate them. You love learning how things work and you’re always looking for ways to innovate.
- Analytical ability. We take an intensely data-driven approach to running our business. In order to manage quality and efficiency in your team, you are able to constantly monitor and understand trends data, and use it to make the right business adjustments.
- Motivated. You understand the impact of a highly satisfied, excited crew of users, and are slightly obsessive-compulsive about grinding away at issues.
- Bachelor’s Degree from a top-tier university.
- Between 2 and 6 years of experience at a top-tier multi-national firm or local conglomerate (e.g., McKinsey, Bain, P&G, etc), and/or entrepreneurial experience.
- A flair for writing – concise, structured and packed with personality
- Literate in SQL (desired) and Excel or other data management tools.
- Previous experience with support or experience with Zendesk is a nice bonus.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month
- Monthly gym reimbursement.
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- Full-time salary negotiable based on experience, and equity compensation plan.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top