Community Operations Manager (SSA) - Johannesburg
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world. Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
ABOUT THE ROLE
At Uber, Community Operations is at the centre of the customer experience. The team is in charge of providing amazing support that establishes trust within our community, which includes our riders, driver-partners, eaters, and delivery-partners. It's more than just answering questions, it's about leveraging customer insights to help Uber grow, strive for continuous improvement, and provide seamless customer experiences. We're obsessed with providing the highest quality service, in the smartest and most efficient manner.
Uber Sub-Saharan Africa (SSA) is looking for a Regional Manager to build, operate, scale and improve Community Operations for Sub-Saharan Africa. This role comes with a heavy focus on solving problems through data analytics and leading teams to deliver stellar outcomes. There is a large focus on continuous process improvement, on both the support and product side, while advocating passionately on behalf of our community to influence the overall customer experience. The role combines all these facets as well as managing stakeholder relationships across the broader business to set the right expectations and deliver handsomely on them. All of this in one of the most dynamic and fastest growing markets in the world.
WHO YOU ARE
- A lover of process and optimization. You will be revolutionizing support for the Uber community. You're excited about the opportunity to create and experiment with support processes, and are willing and able to lead others utilizing them.
- Data driven and analytical in mindset. You can look at any spreadsheet and know the right questions to ask to get to actionable outcomes, and you know how to explain data in a digestible way. Bonus points if you have SQL, coding, or programming experience.
- Incredibly empathetic and understanding of both riders and driver partners alike. You will be a powerful advocate for Uber's users and are obsessed with the community experience.
- Cool and calm under pressure. You have superior organizational skills, integrity, and great follow-through on tasks.
- Curious. You love learning how things work and you're always looking for ways to innovate. You enjoy testing different support strategies and tracking the results.
- Word-savvy. You're eloquent and able to strike the perfect tone, whether it be advocating for product and policy change to enhance the customer experience, explaining the importance of complicated metrics, or responding to support issues over email.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
You'll be tasked with scaling support in an innovative way at a company that's growing like crazy and changing constantly. You're prepared to:
- Listen attentively to the voice of Uber's community and provide feedback to the rest of the company.
- Be in charge of leading development and improvement projects for Community Support at regional scale:
- Development of new products/solutions
- Operational excellence on projects
- Be a passionate advocate for all riders and driver partners and confidently answer any questions that come your way in a fast moving customer-facing environment.
- Be the owner of our Community Support performance metrics:
- Dive deep into the performance numbers, perform gap analysis and take data-driven actions to increase the quality and the reactivity of our Community Service.
- Ensure collaboration with our engineering and operation teams to improve internal tools and user experience.
- Provide insights to the broader business and act as a strategic partner in projects
- Bachelor's degree in business, economics, finance or any science related fields.
- Prior professional experience with optimization, processes, systematic organization, program/project management.
- Demonstrated Data/Analytics experience; Excel and ideally SQL proficiency.
- Great writing and verbal communication skills.
- Being able to working and communicate cross-functionally.
- Consultancy or Investment Banking background preferred, but not required.
- Experience in service industry, manufacturing or distribution in a high volume and extremely fast paced environment - preferred but not required.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top