Community Operations Manager - Seoul, UberEATS
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 500 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
At Uber, providing amazing support that establishes trust within our community—across riders, driver partners, UberEATS customers and delivery partners—is a core feature of the Uber user experience. We're obsessed about providing the highest quality service executed in the smartest, most efficient way. And for Uber to continue its growth and success, we need to be able to not only improve but also scale our fast-growing support operations.
We're looking for a Community Operations Manager to develop and lead efforts to build, operate, scale and improve our support operations for Korea. Based in Seoul, this managerial role comes with a heavy focus on leading teams, solving problems through data analytics, steering cross-functional discussions, delivering stellar operations outcomes, and continuous process improvement.
WHO YOU ARE
- A lover of process and optimisation. You will be revolutionising support for the Uber community. You're excited about the opportunity to create and experiment with support processes, and are willing and able to lead others in iterating and implementing them.
- Data-driven and analytical in mindset. You can look at any spreadsheet and know the right questions to ask to get to actionable outcomes. You know how to explain data in a compelling way to get buy-in from your key stakeholders.
- An ace problem solver. You embrace challenges, and would stop at nothing to generate solutions--whether they're hacky, short-term workarounds, or more sustainable, long-term process changes. You can design the right solution for the right environment, and have the diligence to follow through, win stakeholder buy-in, and deliver the desired outcomes.
- A brilliant communicator. You're eloquent and able to strike the perfect tone, whether you're explaining a new policy to riders, or explaining the recommendations of a data-driven study you conducted to regional stakeholders.
- A natural leader. You are passionate about leading and developing teams to perform at the highest levels while maintaining a fun and collaborative environment.
- Incredibly empathetic and understanding of both riders and driver partners alike. You will be a powerful advocate for Uber's users and are obsessed with the community experience.
- Naturally curious. You love learning how things work and you're always looking for ways to innovate. You enjoy testing different support strategies and tracking the results.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Lead a team of Community Operations Specialists to achieve operations outcomes and deliver projects with significant business impact.
- Be a passionate advocate for all our customers, championing customer experience within the broader Korea team.
- Pilot and own new initiatives that transform our support operations and improve the level of service we provide; iterating existing support modalities and launching new ones as the business continues to grow.
- Dive deep into the numbers, surface patterns and draw out actionable insights, and ultimately make data-driven process improvements.
- Work with internal stakeholders, be it local teams to improve how we move cities in Japan, or global teams to improve internal tools and the overall user experience.
- Listen attentively to the voice of Uber's community and provide actionable insight to the rest of the company that directly impacts how the Uber app works.
- Bachelor's degree or MBA in business, economics, finance or any science-related fields
- People management experience with proven ability to effectively manage team members, set team goals, develop people to their highest levels of performance, and manage through challenging managerial situations
- Prior professional experience with optimisation, processes, systematic organisation, program/project management
- Demonstrated experience in using data to get to outcomes
- Exceptional writing and verbal communication skills
- Native Korean Fluency and excellent English Communication
- Experience working in high-volume or extremely fast-paced environment
- Consulting or Investment Banking background preferred but not required
- Experience working in a support organisation or for organisations known for stellar support outcomes is a plus
- Previous managerial or project lead experience
- Employees are given Uber credits each month
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built
- We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally
- Sharp, motivated, hard-working co-workers in a fun office environment
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top