Community Operations Manager - RCO
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
About the job:
At the core of the Uber's Community Operations is the burning desire to build a world class customer support organization. We understand that the way we handle the toughest, most challenging rider and driver concerns has direct impact on our business. To help us build this, we are looking for the smartest talent out there who can think at a global level and act balancing all local nuances to build and maintain nimble processes at scale. If you think you have it in you to operate in a hyper growth environment and build processes that last, we are interested to meet you.
Who you are:
- Passionate about growing the service culture within our community. You will be revolutionizing the concept of support at Uber. You're excited about the opportunity to create and optimize support processes, and you are willing to work and partner with others, especially the city teams, in executing the best support strategy for your region.
- Analytical and creative. You recognize that out of all the interactions we have with our community, both riders and drivers, you can identify the trends and themes such that we can change the way we do business for the better. You will take all the data and use this to drive strategy that will give the highest standard of support for your market. Metrics will be your obsession, and finding ways to improve these will be your constant motivator.
- A utility player, cool and calm under pressure. Dealing with new and different challenges excites you, and you have a way to anticipate challenges to come. Whether it be in answering tickets or looking at new product features, you jump at any of these opportunities. You like finding resolutions early, using all resources available, and you like to be ahead of everyone else when it comes to having the best product or best service in the market. And because you have great organizational skills, you're able to tackle all these at once, with follow-through on each task.
- Naturally curious and strategic. You love learning how things work and you're always looking for ways to innovate. You enjoy testing different support strategies and tracking the results. You constantly look for opportunities and act on these. You always consider the larger picture, while never losing sight of the details.
- Word savvy and graceful. Being in the business of support, you're eloquent and able to strike the perfect tone, whether you're responding to tickets or explaining a new policy to riders on our blog or speaking to co-Uberites in a meeting. Like Uber, you'll always remain grounded when dealing with others.
What you'll do:
- Be a strong representative of customer support teams in India to the business teams acting as a glue between both teams
- Act as a business partner to General Managers and the city teams, bringing in rider and partner insights to help shape the way we conduct business in the region through customer support
- Lead and partner with city teams, setting the tone with your passion and enthusiasm for world-class support. You will constantly connect with the community to know what kind of support best fits the market and how this is to be executed. You will project ahead so that we always have the right resources and people in place when we need it
- Analyze, innovate and execute. You will create, design, and lead how we deliver support in India; get creative and then be able to execute on your ideas. You will dig into data incessantly to drive strategy for the region. You will also work with our engineering and process teams to improve internal tools and overall user experience
- You will be the most passionate advocate for all riders and driver partners in India. You will also answer any questions that come your way and anticipate any more issues that may come up
What you'll need:
- Minimum 3 years of work experience
- MBA from top university preferred
- Experience in process design and delivery with proven ability in project execution and communication, maybe from consulting or corporate environments
- Some background with support in a high volume environment
- SQL knowledge is desirable and strong SQL knowledge as a plus
- Data analytics competence, Excel fluency
- Solid writing skills
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the direction of the company.
- Sharp, motivated, hard-working co-workers in a fun office environment.
- Opportunity to not only get your hands dirty but also contribute strategically to build a world class organization.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top