Community Operations Manager (Learning Strategy) - Manila
Uber is evolving the way the world moves. By seamlessly connecting riders to drivers through our app, we make cities more accessible, opening up more possibilities for riders and more business for drivers. From our founding in 2009 to our launches in over 450+ cities today, Uber’s rapidly expanding global presence continues to bring people and their cities closer. If you want to have a huge impact on your city and the world, this is the place to be!
About the Role
At Uber, thousands of people are engaged in providing world-class support to riders and partner-drivers across the world. To achieve this, we onboard hundreds of support representatives each month and ensure that those we have hired continuously develop their skills. As a Learning Project Manager within Community Operations, you will lead initiatives that make this happen – building connections between the APAC Learning team, Uber’s global learning teams, and regional Community Operations. Getting this done well is critical to scaling our business and driving it forward.
You will own big projects, continually expanding scope and work with short timelines. You’ll interface directly with senior leaders and multiple teams across Community Operations, gathering insights from community contacts and helping set learning priorities which make riders’ & partner-drivers’, eaters’ and couriers’ support experience more magical. You’ll be an advocate for implementing learning programs and improvements across APAC Community Operations, and for higher-level frameworks that build learning metrics and outcomes into the support roadmap. This is a great chance to move from a ‘strategy’ role to something operational where you’ll see the impact you achieve every single day.
What you’ll do:
- Drive agent learning programs and strategy for agent learning & onboarding across APAC
- Establish in key performance indicators and be accountable to ensure trainings continuously improve
- Create a train-the-trainer program for the region, maintain trainer quality across BPOs and internal sites
- Build repeatable processes and standards to scale learning operations
- Collaborate with global and regional stakeholders to drive positive learning changes for Community Operations employees and agents; this may require occasional international travel
Here are the kinds of skills we’re looking for:
- 7+ years of experience, including extensive experience in project management, delivering trainings, managing people and trainers
- Excellent training-facilitation skills and extensive knowledge of learning theory
- Strong and adaptable problem solving skills
- Bachelor’s Degree from a top-tier university preferably in industrial engineering, project management certification, or an MBA
- Prior experience in change management
- Ability to understand technology and bridge the gap between technology and people
- An ability to make things happen
- A flair for writing — concise, structured and packed with personality
- Literate in SQL (desired) and Excel or other data management tools
- A builder: Creating scalable content, with help from SMEs & curriculum leads, is a piece-of-cake
- Superior organizational skills: You are not scared of creating processes and you love adding a lot of structure where things are a bit messy. You thrive to have things as well organized as possible
- A team leader: You are a mentor by nature and you can inspire trainers to get to the next level
- Entrepreneurial self starter: You are ready for the autonomy that comes with building things from scratch within Uber, which includes defining the roles and responsibilities, goals and metrics, and processes within that team. You recognize that not every situation has a playbook, and are ready to face new problems and think of solutions independently
- A team player: You aren’t scared to collaborate across function or region to get the best possible outcome for your content
- Analytical ability: We take an intensely data-driven approach to running our business. In order to manage quality and efficiency in your team, you are able to constantly monitor data and understand trends, and use it to make the right business adjustments
- Poised: Cool and calm under pressure, you follow through on tasks and look for opportunities to step up to new challenges
- Efficiency and process obsession: You hate inefficient processes and you are skilled at creating processes to eliminate them. You love learning how things work and you’re always looking for ways to innovate
- Naturally curious: You love learning and are invested in making our Community Operations Learning org successful through laying a strong foundation for our Community Support teams
- Hustle: Uber moves fast, and runs lean. You’re flexible, fearless, and never satisfied with the status quo. You have no problem stepping on other people’s toes if it means pushing for the right idea that will help build awesome experiences for our users across the globe
- Ownership: You get things done. Passionate, self-driven and fearless, you are deeply committed to taking Uber support to the next level and rise to the occasion to solve problems, big and small. You don’t wait around for other people to tell you what to do and have the initiative to solve problems on your own
- Motivated: You understand the impact of a highly satisfied, excited crew of users, and are slightly obsessive-compulsive about grinding away at issues
- Service orientation: As the voice of Uber to thousands of users, you’ll use this opportunity to make evangelists out of our toughest haters. Your efforts will create more reasons for people to use Uber and to continue to trust us to get them where they need to go
- Employees are given Uber credits every month!
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top