Community Operations Manager- French speaking
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 500 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
ABOUT THE JOB
At Uber, providing excellent support that establishes trust for riders and driver partners-our community-is a core feature of our product experience. We invest in it and believe in providing the highest quality service executed in the smartest, most efficient way. We're looking for a Community Operations Manager to develop and lead our support efforts.
This will be a managerial role with a heavy focus on people management, data analytics, and continuous process improvement, so those interested should be excited to demonstrate those skills and be eager to lead.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Be tasked with scaling support in an innovative way at a company that's growing rapidly and changing constantly.
- Proactively lead, motivate, and develop high performing teams within a time-sensitive and exciting environment to deliver on operational KPIs.
- Set up career development plans, be responsible for managing Team Leads, and help develop them into talented people managers. You will be managing up to 5-7 Team Leads, who will each be managing up to 10-15 team members. These team members are at the forefront of our business, answering our community's questions and tending to their needs.
- Dive deep into the numbers and make data-driven decisions and process improvements.
- Be a passionate advocate for all riders and driver partners and answer any questions that come your way in an exciting, fast moving environment.
- Be a Subject-Matter Expert (SME) on your team's processes and policies.
- Be responsible for identifying trends within your team's' performance as well as overall support trends.
- Drive continuous process improvement to deliver a consistent world-class experience.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- Fluency in French and English is a must. Portuguese is a big plus.
- You have experience leading and managing a large team. You understand how to motivate teams and people in an exciting and ambiguous environment. You put your team first and are their most passionate advocate.
- Exceptional communication skills. Your communication style is flexible to the situation. From communicating updates to your team, to discussing metrics with key stakeholders, or presenting to leadership, you communicate clearly and with a purpose.
- A love of process and optimization. You will be revolutionizing support for the Uber community. You're excited about the opportunity to create and experiment with support processes, and are willing and able to lead others utilizing them.
- A data-driven and analytical in mindset. You can look at any spreadsheet and know the right questions to ask to get to actionable outcomes, and you know how to explain data in a digestible way. You have excellent Excel skills. Bonus points if you have SQL, coding, or programming experience.
- Incredible empathy and understanding of both riders and driver partners alike. You will be an excellent advocate for Uber's users and are passionate about the community experience.
- Calm under pressure. You have exceptional organizational skills, integrity, and great follow-through on tasks.
- Curiosity. You love learning how things work and you're always looking for innovative improvements. You enjoy testing different support strategies and tracking the results.
- At least 5 years of work experience in a fast-paced, high-intensity environment, including at least 2 years of leading teams of 5+ people.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top