Community Operations Manager - COE Limerick
COMMUNITY OPERATIONS MANAGER – IRELAND
At Uber, providing amazing support that establishes trust for riders and driver partners—our community—is a core feature of our product experience. We invest in it and believe in providing the highest quality service executed in the smartest, most efficient way. We’re looking for a Community Operations Manager to develop and lead support efforts in our Limerick Centre of Excellence (COE). Uber COEs are contact management centers dedicated to providing world-class customer support to riders and drivers. Uber relies on the COEs to provide support for our community’s toughest issues types, handle escalations from our tens of thousands of business processing outsourcing (BPO) agents, and provide an environment to pilot support for new products or test new support modalities or processes.
This will be a managerial role with a heavy focus on people management, data analytics, and continuous process improvement, so those interested should be excited to demonstrate those skills and be eager to lead.
WHO YOU ARE
- A strong leader. You have experience leading and managing a large team. You understand how to motivate teams and individuals in a fast paced and ambiguous environment. You put your team first and are their fiercest advocate.
- An exceptional communicator. Your communication style is flexible to the situation. From communicating updates to your team, to discussing metrics with key stakeholders, or presenting to leadership, you communicate clearly and with a purpose.
- A lover of process and optimization. You will be revolutionizing support for the Uber community. You’re excited about the opportunity to create and experiment with support processes, and are willing and able to lead others utilizing them.
- Data-driven and analytical in mindset. You can look at any spreadsheet and know the right questions to ask to get to actionable outcomes, and you know how to explain data in a digestible way. You can manipulate an Excel sheet like nobody’s business. Bonus points if you have SQL, coding, or programming experience.
- Incredibly empathetic and understanding of both riders and driver partners alike. You will be a powerful advocate for Uber’s users and are obsessed with the community experience.
- Cool and calm under pressure. You have superior organizational skills, integrity, and great follow-through on tasks.
- Naturally curious. You love learning how things work and you’re always looking for ways to innovate. You enjoy testing different support strategies and tracking the results.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
You’ll be tasked with scaling support in an innovative way at a company that’s growing like crazy and changing constantly. You’re prepared to:
- Lead, motivate, and develop high performing teams within a time-sensitive and demanding environment to deliver on operational KPIs.
- Set up career development plans, coach Team Leads, and develop them into awesome people managers. You will be managing up to 5-7 Team Leads, who will each be managing up to 10-15 individuals. These individuals are on the front line of our business, answering our community’s questions and tending to their needs.
- Dive deep into the numbers and make data-driven decisions and process improvements.
- Be a passionate advocate for all riders and driver partners and confidently answer any questions that come your way in a high stress, fast moving environment.
- Be a Subject-Matter Expert (SME) on your team’s processes and policies
- Responsible for identifying trends within your team’s’ performance as well as overall support trends
- Drive continuous process improvement to deliver a world-class experience every time, all the time
- Degree in business, economics, finance or any science-related fields.
- 3+ years of work experience in a high-volume and extremely fast-paced service-industry or customer support environment, including 2+ years of leading large teams.
- Prior professional experience with process optimization, systematic organization, program/project management.
- Proven ability to manage effectively, set team goals, develop people to their highest levels of performance, and guide through challenging situations.
- Willingness to work weekends and occasional holidays, in an operational 24/7 environment.
- Always willing to roll up your sleeves and tackle something hands-on; you persevere when others fall away.
- Demonstrated Data/Analytics experience; Excel proficiency.
- Exceptional writing and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in service-industry, customer support, manufacturing or distribution in a high-volume and extremely fast-paced environment.
- Employees are given Uber credits each month
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built
- We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally
- Sharp, motivated, hard-working co-workers in a fun office environment
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top