Community Operations Manager (Center Management) - Manila
Uber is evolving the way the world moves. By seamlessly connecting riders to drivers through our app, we make cities more accessible, opening up more possibilities for riders and more business for drivers. From our founding in 2009 to our launches in over 450+ cities today, Uber’s rapidly expanding global presence continues to bring people and their cities closer. If you want to have a huge impact on your city and the world, this is the place to be!
About the Role
You will take ownership of building Uber’s global support center that will deliver world-class service to tens of thousands of riders across the world. At Uber, amazing service is at our core. We’re obsessed about wowing our users with the support we provide them and this role puts you at the center of our effort to scale and improve on that amazing service.
As an early leader of a rapidly growing team, you will develop your own people, implement new systems, and create training programs to lay the foundation for a global support center that will employ large numbers of support representatives. You will lead by example, resolving the toughest of issues from riders and ensuring that your team constantly performs at a high level.
Uber is rapidly growing in cities across the globe. You will have daily interaction with city teams in different parts of the world to deliver amazing support that is critical for us to continue growing at this pace.
What you’ll do:
You will own rider and driver partner experiences by identifying and eliminating defects that detract from our community’s experience. You will do this by:
- Creating regional or city-specific support resources for team members to use when resolving rider and driver partner issues.
- Driving alignment between city and regional teams, Centers of Excellence and Support Centers to ensure a consistent and world-class customer and support experience.
- Ruthlessly seeking out, identifying, and addressing the top support issues our community is experiencing. The end goal being that policies and processes work so well and are so clearly laid out that riders and drivers don’t need to contact us.
- Streamlining support by partnering with internal stakeholders to improve processes, reduce or eliminate unnecessary support contacts and fully resolve rider and driver issues, while empowering future self-resolution.
- Owning actions across the company by leading communications, ensuring that responsibility for service is spread across the whole organization and driving accountability and results within customer support teams. You will be the “voice of riders and driver partners” in your region and advocate for their needs to the rest of organization.
What you are:
- Naturally gifted at service, you’ll use your unparalleled empathy and charm to turn angry users into our strongest advocates.
- Beyond this, you’ll be training, mentoring, and leading your own team to provide that same level of service to all our users. You will balance the need to deliver a personal response that delights our users with the need to develop scalable systems to match Uber’s rapid growth.
Here are the kinds of skills we’re looking for:
- Drive and hustle – Community Operations Managers are responsible for continually running and optimising Uber’s support network in Southeast and North Asia to provide the best customer experience to our Riders and Driver-Partners. Community Operations Managers also constantly monitor the performance of the network at any given point in time, optimizing SLAs and metrics ensuring the highest levels of service. This requires the constant focus and the highest levels of dedication.
- Analytical ability – We take an intensely data-driven approach to running our business. In order to efficiently manage the network, you need to be able to constantly monitor and understand trends , and use our data to make the right, data-driven operational decisions.
- People skills – You’ll need truly world-class people skills to be able to influence people internally and externally to drive at times, in places, and in ways that ensure a world-class experience for our users.
- 4-8 years of work experience, preferably in a global or regional function
- SQL knowledge preferred, but not required
- Proficiency in English is mandatory and one other Southeast Asian language would be a plus
- Employees are given Uber credits every month!
- Ground floor opportunity. Help build the global infrastructure of one of the fastest growing firms in the world
- Make a difference. We’re not just another social web app: we’re moving real people/ assets and changing transportation for the future
Unique and competitive benefits and compensation package.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top