Community Operations Manager - Casablanca
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
About the job
At Uber, providing amazing support that establishes trust for riders and driver partners - our community - is a core feature of our product experience. We invest in it and believe in providing the highest quality service executed in the smartest, most efficient way. We're looking for a Program Community Operations Manager to develop and lead support efforts in cooperation with our Casablanca partner. Community Operations is pioneering how Uber manages rider and driver partner support around the globe. This will be a role with a heavy focus on data analytics and process continuous improvement, so those interested should be excited to demonstrate those skills and be eager to lead.
To provide the best support experience to our communities, Uber relies on a network of internal and external providers.
What you'll do
- Work closely with our partner to implement new processes, new products, new policies within their teams, identify priorities and roadblocks, match them with excellent data analysis, create a realistic action plan and monitor the results on the customer experience
- Be the on-the-ground point of contact to coordinate the actions and decisions made in conjunction with the regional CommOps managers (in charge of customer support in each market in Europe) about team trainings, upskilling, etc.
- Stay close to the operations to understand what's going on and how we can improve our processes
- Provide our partner with all the tools, content, and training materials they need with the support of the Agent Success central team based in Amsterdam
- Transform our current support system into something that drives immense value for the company
- Dive deep into the numbers and make data-driven process improvements
- Be a passionate advocate for all riders and driver partners and answer any questions that come your way in a fast moving environment
- Listen attentively to the voice of Uber's community and provide feedback to the rest of the company
- You will be based in Casablanca but will be travelling on a regular basis in the markets in Europe.
What you'll need
- At least 4 years of work experience in consulting, service -industry, manufacturing or distribution in a high -volume and extremely fast -paced environment - preferred but not required. Experience in leadership of project teams and management of less senior team members. High-growth operations experience is a plus.
- A master's degree in science/engineering, business, economics, finance or any science-related fields or equivalent internal Uber experience.
- People management experience with demonstrated ability to effectively guide teams through challenging managerial situations (non direct reporting line…) and engage multiple stakeholders.
- Prior professional experience with optimization, processes, systematic organization, program/project management.
- A love of process and optimization. You will be revolutionizing support for the Uber community. You're excited about the opportunity to create and experiment with support processes, and are willing and able to lead others utilizing them.
- A data-driven and analytical in mindset. You can look at any spreadsheet and know the right questions to ask to get to actionable outcomes, and you know how to explain data in a digestible way. Excellent Excel skills.
- Structure and clear communication skills - we need you to be able to synthesize a lot of information quickly, highlight the key take aways, and disseminate actionable insights.
- Calm under pressure. You have exceptional organizational skills, integrity, and great follow-through on tasks.
- Natural curiosity. You love learning how things work and you're always looking for ways to innovate. You enjoy testing different support strategies and tracking the results.
- Word-savvy. You're eloquent and able to strike the perfect tone, whether you're explaining a new policy to riders or drivers, explaining the importance of certain complicated metrics, or responding to support issues over email.
- A passion for details.
- Experience in a service-industry, customer support, manufacturing or distribution in a high-volume and extremely fast-paced environment.
- Consulting background preferred but not required.
- Employees receive monthly Uber credits.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top