Community Operations Coordinator - UberEATS - Johannesburg
ABOUT THE JOB
Uber is seeking a Community Operations Coordinator who will be the main point of contact of the support organization in the city.
This is a critical startup-within-a-much-larger-startup role as it is not only about helping people resolve their issues and turning unhappy users into our strongest evangelists, but you will be supported by an energetic team of Uber Customer Representatives who are the “eyes and ears” of Uber to thousands of customers. Your analysis of the received feedback provides essential insights for Operations and helps to take Uber to the next level.
We are moving a mile a minute to make sure that Uber users and partner drivers are able to experience the magic of Uber. Therefore the right candidate should be excited to go the same pace, thrive in a start up environment and be comfortable in an “all hands on deck” environment.
WHO YOU ARE
- Incredibly empathetic and understanding of users, partner drivers and partner restaurants. You will be a powerful advocate for Uber’s users and are obsessed with the community experience.
- Be a process master. Constantly innovate and iterate to ensure maximum productivity in our processes.
- Self Starter and Owner. You need little oversight and prioritize and fulfill your tasks completely on your own. You actively seek to solve challenging problems to make Uber a success.
- Cool and calm under pressure. You have superior organizational skills, integrity, and great follow-through on tasks.
- Word-savvy. You’re eloquent and able to strike the perfect tone, whether you’re explaining a new policy, explaining the importance of certain complicated metrics, or responding to support issues.
- Passionate. You love Uber. You are driven by helping others and being on the front-lines of a highly visible, fast-growing brand.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Be a passionate advocate for users and partner-drivers while answering any questions that come your way.
- Build loyalty among new users and get our early adopters to fall in love with Uber all over again.
- Identify broken policies and create new processes and tools to improve customer experience.
- Manage the day-to-day interaction with the Uber Operations team
- Build and manage the relationship with the team leaders of our existing support locations to drive quality and efficiency metrics.
- Train and manage Customer Representatives on the ground to drive quality and efficiency metrics.
- Provide guidance to CSRs on difficult tickets, calls or chat interactions.
- Show empathy to frustrated users while solving problems and addressing unsatisfactory experiences.
- Handle escalations of more difficult support interactions.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Bachelor’s degree or college experience required.
- The ability to speak, read, and write fluently in English and ideally Afrikaans is critical as you act as the voice of Uber to thousands of our customers and communicate your ideas to internal stakeholders.
- Flexibility in work hours as Customer Representatives will work in shifts to better adapt to the peaks in demand.
- Experience with Excel, plenty of experience working with data.
- Strong communication skills and ability to interact with internal and external partners.
- Passion for helping others and creating support experiences that exceed users’ expectations.
- Ability to troubleshoot problems and find speedy resolutions.
- Skilled at handling multiple issues at once to efficiently solve a large number of inquiries.
- Employees are given Uber credits each month
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built
- We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally
- Sharp, motivated, hard-working co-workers in a fun office environment
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top