Community Operations Coordinator - UberEATS - Johannesburg
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
About the job
UberEATS is seeking a Community Operations Coordinator who will be the main point of contact of the support organization in the city.
This is a critical development role as it is not only about helping people resolve their issues and turning unhappy users into our most passionate evangelists, but you will be supported by an enthusiastic team of Uber Customer Representatives who are the "eyes and ears" of Uber to thousands of customers. Your analysis of the received feedback will provide essential insights for Operations and helps to improve UberEATS.
We are moving a mile a minute to make sure that Uber users, partner restaurants, and partner drivers are able to experience the magic of UberEATS. Therefore the right candidate should be excited to go the same pace, thrive in a fast-paced, productive environment and be comfortable taking initiative.
What you'll do
- Be a passionate advocate for users, partner-drivers and partner restaurants while answering any questions that come your way.
- Create loyalty among new users and get our early adopters to fall in love with UberEATS all over again.
- Identify broken policies and create new processes and tools to improve customer experience.
- Guide the day-to-day interaction with the UberEATS Operations team.
- Create and develop the relationship with the team leaders of our existing support locations to drive quality and efficiency metrics.
- Train and guide Customer Representatives on the ground to drive quality and efficiency metrics.
- Provide guidance to CSRs on difficult tickets, calls or chat interactions.
- Show empathy to frustrated users while solving problems and addressing unsatisfactory experiences.
- Handle escalations of more difficult support interactions.
What you'll need
- Empathy and understanding of users, partner drivers and partner restaurants. You will be an excellent advocate for Uber's users and are passionate about the community experience.
- To be a process master. You'll constantly innovate and iterate to ensure maximum productivity in our processes.
- Self starter and owner. You need little oversight to prioritize and fulfill your tasks completely on your own. You regularly seek to resolve challenging problems to make UberEATS a success.
- Calm under pressure. You have exceptional organizational skills, integrity, and great follow-through on tasks.
- Word-savviness. You're eloquent and able to strike the perfect tone, whether you're explaining a new policy, explaining the importance of certain complicated metrics, or responding to support issues.
- Passion. You love Uber. You are driven by helping others and being at the forefront of a highly visible, fast-growing brand.
- To be a foodie. We want people who are passionate about food and want to completely transform the way great, quality food is delivered in their own city.
- A bachelor's degree or college experience required.
- The ability to speak, read, and write fluently in English and ideally Afrikaans is critical as you act as the voice of Uber to thousands of our customers and communicate your ideas to internal stakeholders.
- Flexibility in work hours as Customer Representatives will work in shifts to better adapt to the peaks in demand.
- Experience with Excel, plenty of experience working with data.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to interact with internal and external partners.
- Passion for helping others and creating support experiences that exceed users' expectations.
- Ability to troubleshoot problems and find speedy resolutions.
- Skills for handling multiple issues at once to efficiently resolve a large number of inquiries.
- Employees are given Uber credits each month
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built
- We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top