Community Operations Associate - Sydney
Uber is evolving the way the world moves. By seamlessly connecting riders to drivers through our app, we make cities more accessible, opening up more possibilities for riders and more business for drivers. From our founding in 2009 to our launches in over 450+ cities today, Uber's rapidly expanding global presence continues to bring people and their cities closer. If you want to have a huge impact on your city and the world, this is the place to be!
Community Operations Associate
At Uber, support is more than just answering questions. It's about using the information customers give us as insights to help Uber grow. Moreover, providing amazing support that establishes trust within our community—riders, driver partners, UberEATS customers and delivery partners—is at the centre of the Uber customer experience. We're obsessed about providing the highest quality service, in the smartest way. And for Uber to continue its growth and success, we need to be able to not only improve but also scale our fast-growing support operations.
We're looking for a Community Operations Associate to get involved in building, operating, scaling and improving Community Operations for Australia and New Zealand. Based at Sydney HQ, this role comes with a focus on delivering stellar operations outcomes, and implementing projects that improve our processes and the quality of support we provide.
WHO YOU ARE
- A problem solver. You embrace challenges, and would stop at nothing to create solutions—whether they're hacky, short-term workarounds, or more long-term process changes.
- A brilliant communicator. You're eloquent and able to strike the perfect tone, whether you're explaining a new policy to riders in writing, or explaining the recommendations of a data-driven study you conducted to global stakeholders through a video conference.
- Incredibly empathetic and understanding of both riders and driver partners alike. You will be a powerful advocate for Uber's customers and are obsessed with the community experience.
- Naturally curious. You love learning how things work and you're always looking for ways to innovate. You enjoy testing different support strategies and tracking the results.
- A lover of process and optimisation. You will be revolutionising support for the Uber community. You're excited about the opportunity to create and experiment with support processes, and are willing and able to lead others in iterating and executing them.
- Data-driven and analytical in mindset. You can look at any spreadsheet and know the right questions to ask to get to actionable outcomes, and you know how to explain data in a compelling way.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Be a passionate advocate for all members of Uber's community and listen attentively to their feedback so we can positively influence how we interact with them and provide actionable insight to the rest of the company that directly impacts how the Uber app works.
- Lead the operations of a specific line of business within our operations, and be responsible for producing stellar response metrics and improvements in response quality in coordination with several business partners across the globe
- Pilot and own new initiatives to pre-empt problems before they occur, help empower our users to solve their problems faster through self-help, and improve the level of service we provide.
- Draw actionable recommendations that help drive our growth by diving deep into the numbers and surfacing patterns; helping steer a cross-functional team to make data-driven decisions and process improvements.
- Engage strategically with stakeholders, be it global teams to improve internal tools and the overall user experience, or local teams to improve how we move cities in Australia and New Zealand.
- Proven relevant experience: whether it be in a start up, bank, consultancy, or corporate, you are someone who loves driving change in a fast-paced environment
- Bachelor's degree or MBA in business, economics, finance or any science-related fields
- Prior professional experience with optimisation, processes, systematic organisation, program/project management; experience working in a support organisation or for organisations known for stellar support outcomes is a plus but not necessary
- Demonstrated Data/Analytics experience; Excel proficiency
- Extraordinary writing and verbal communication skills
- Employees are given Uber credits every month!
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top