Community Operations Associate
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 500 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the women and men who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
About the job:
At Uber, amazing service is at our core. We're obsessive about wowing our drivers and riders via the support we provide them, and our continued growth and success depends directly on our ability to scale and improve on that amazing service.
In this role, you'll be asked to help build our support operations for global Uber Enterprise products and deliver world-class service – to thousands of business users – that will become part of the backbone for the global company that we are.
As an early leader of a rapidly growing team, you will develop, implement, and iterate on structured programs to lay the foundation of our support organisation, that will employ teams of service representatives. You will lead by example, resolving the toughest of issues from these business users everyday, and ensuring that the team performs at the same, high level.
Naturally gifted at service and people management, you leverage your unparalleled empathy and charm to deliver the best support possible to our business users and users of other Enterprise products. You'll be training, mentoring, and leading a team members to provide world-class service. You look to build professional, repeatable processes and standards to scale support operations, while not forgetting that creating those positive, lasting relationships with our partners is at the core of what makes Uber so special.
What you'll do:
- People focused. You're naturally great at dealing with people; whether listening to business account administrators, supporting riders, or setting proper expectations with internal stakeholders.
- Entrepreneurial self starter. You are ready for the autonomy that comes with building a new team within Uber, which includes defining the roles and responsibilities, goals and metrics, and processes within that team. You recognize that not every situation has a playbook, and are ready to face new problems and think of solutions independently.
- You can work with the global product and marketing teams to recommend interface improvements and product changes for better customer experience
- Efficiency and process obsession. You hate inefficient processes and you are skilled at creating processes to eliminate them. You love learning how things work and you're always looking for ways to innovate.
- Analytical ability. We take an intensely data-driven approach to running our business. In order to manage quality and efficiency in your team, you are able to constantly monitor and understand trends data, and use it to make the right business adjustments.
- You understand the impact of a highly satisfied, excited crew of users, and are slightly obsessive-compulsive about grinding away at issues.
You are prepared to:
- Work night shifts full time to drive customer experience
- Work with the team leads, coach them to deliver best customer experience
- Work with our engineering and process teams to improve internal tools and user experience.
- Build an efficient and scalable support operation that produces stellar response times and high quality responses.
- Be a passionate advocate for all riders and drivers in India, and answer any questions that come your way.
What you'll need:
- Bachelor's/ Master's Degree from a top-tier university.
- Between 0 to 3 years of experience at a top-tier multinational firm or local conglomerate and/or entrepreneurial experience.
- A flair for writing - concise, structured and packed with personality
- Literate in SQL and Excel or other data management tools.
- Previous experience with support or experience with Zendesk is a nice bonus.
- Employees are given free & discounted Uber rides every month.
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- Monthly gym reimbursement.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top