Communications Lead Peru
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
What you'll do
- Work on our Communications team in Peru.
- Establish Uber's brand and profile with the media and third parties
- Work to tell our story-and the story of ridesharing-in creative, inspiring ways that resonate with journalists and on social media
What you´ll need
- 5+ years or less experience in communications OR experience in another walk of life and who is interested in pursuing a different career
- A self starter: Uber is a company of entrepreneurs and we want to work with people who enjoy building things from the bottom up too. Stuff changes fast in our world so you'll need to be highly adaptable as well as calm under pressure;
- A great advocate: We're looking for people who can distill complex ideas into simple, but intellectually credible, arguments. You'll need to write well and have the creative ability to tell stories—about our product, people and the ways we're helping to improve life for passengers, drivers and cities.
- A strong campaigner: Smartphone apps are disruptive, and the interests being disrupted are deeply entrenched. We succeed by putting together effective campaigns with third parties on behalf of the passengers and drivers who use the app. That means you'll have a bias for action in everything you do.
- A team player: Success at Uber depends on the ability to organize different teams (internally and externally) around shared goals. It's why we're looking for people who enjoy working with others to get stuff done—and who can deal with the ambiguity that sometimes comes from working cross-functionally.
- Ideally you would have a proven track record in this field already. But we're open to people who intuitively get this stuff and may be looking for a career change.
- Fluency in English and Spanish, both oral and written, is essential.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top