Communications Lead, Chile
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
About the job
The most successful consumer technology companies are brilliant storytellers, who put their products-as well as the benefits of those products-front and center in every communication.
Our communications team is responsible for telling Uber's story to the media and third parties: whether it's transforming how we get around town and the lives of people who value self-guided, flexible work; or cutting congestion in cities by getting more people into fewer cars. That's partly about creating lasting relationships with the key news outlets and journalists in every country where we operate. It also about being creative in how we tell our story, including using social media, as well as working with the public policy team to develop campaigns that make the positive case for reform.
What you'll do
- Lead our Communications in Chile
- Establish Uber's brand and profile with the media and third parties; and
- Work to tell our story-and the story of ridesharing-in creative, inspiring ways that resonate with journalists and on social media.
What you'll need
- At least 8 years of experience in communications or experience in another walk of life, who understands our business and may be looking for a career change
- To be a self starter: Uber is a company of entrepreneurs and we want to work with people who enjoy creating things from the bottom up too. Things change fast in our world so you'll need to be highly adaptable as well as calm under pressure;
- To be a great advocate: We're looking for people who can distill complex ideas into simple, but credible, arguments. You'll need to write well and have the creative ability to tell stories-about our product, people and the ways we're helping to improve life for passengers, drivers and cities.
- To be an excellent campaigner: Smartphone apps are disruptive, and the interests being disrupted are deeply entrenched. We succeed by putting together effective campaigns with third parties on behalf of the passengers and drivers who use the app. That means you'll have a bias for action in everything you do.
- To be a team player: Success at Uber depends on the ability to organize different teams (internally and externally) around shared goals. It's why we're looking for people who enjoy working with others to get things done-and who can deal with the ambiguity that sometimes comes from working cross-functionally.
- Ideally you have a portfolio of achievements in this field already. But we're open to people who understand our business and may be looking for a career change. English, both oral and written, is essential.
Please submit all resumes in English
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top