Communications Intern, Uber France
Uber started out to solve a simple problem: the need to get a ride across town. Six years and one billion trips later, we've stumbled upon something a bit bigger: a new way to help tackle congestion—one of the most serious challenges cities face today.
Using technology, Uber makes it quick and easy for people headed in the same direction at the same time to share their journey. It's carpooling at the press of a button. And by getting more people into fewer cars we've proven you can reduce congestion and pollution overtime. uberPOOL in Los Angeles, for example, cut the number of kilometers driven across town by 12.7 million and carbon dioxide pollution by 1,400 metric tons in just eight months.
Longer term, we're optimistic that smartphone apps like Uber can also offer a real alternative to individual car ownership. After all, if you can press a button and get an affordable ride across town in minutes 24-hours a day, why bother to own a car? There is an alternative to a world that looks like a parking lot and moves like a traffic jam. Join Uber to help make that future possible.
About Communications at Uber
The most successful consumer technology companies are brilliant storytellers, who put their products—as well as the benefits of those products—front and center in every communication.
Our team is responsible for telling Uber's story to the media and third parties: whether it's transforming how we get around town and the lives of people who value independent, flexible work; or cutting congestion in cities by getting more backsides into fewer cars. That's partly about building lasting relationships with the key news outlets and journalists in every country where we operate. It also about being creative in how we tell our story, including the use of social media, as well as working with the public policy team to develop campaigns that make the positive case for reform.
About this Internship
As an intern you will be working as part of our communications team in France, based in Paris.This internship is a great opportunity for a unique learning experience with a fascinating team at one of the fastest growing tech companies in the world.
The internship will will involve:
- Working on establishing Uber's brand and profile with the media and
- Working to tell our story—and the story of ridesharing—in creative, inspiring ways that resonate with journalists and on social media.
What We're Looking For In An Intern
For a mutual beneficial internship we are looking for:
- A self starter: Uber is a company of entrepreneurs and we like to work with people who enjoy building things from the bottom up too. Stuff changes fast in our world so we would hope for our interns to be highly adaptable as well as calm under pressure;
- A great advocate: We're looking for people who can distill complex ideas into simple, but intellectually credible, arguments. You'll be asked to write well and have the creative ability to tell stories—about our product, people and the ways we're helping to improve life for passengers, drivers and cities.
- A strong campaigner: Smartphone apps are disruptive, and the interests being disrupted are deeply entrenched. We succeed by putting together effective campaigns with third parties on behalf of the passengers and drivers who use the app. That means you'll have a bias for action in everything you do—and a willingness to engage in debates, that can often become heated.
- A team player: Success at Uber depends on the ability to organize different teams (internally and externally) around shared goals. It's why we're looking for well organized people who enjoy working with others to get stuff done—and who can deal with the ambiguity that sometimes comes from working cross-functionally.
Fluency in English, and French is essential
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top