Communications Designer, Learning & Development
Uber is evolving the way the world moves. We’ve already made more than 450 cities around the world better places to live and work by providing seamless and reliable transportation choices and greater economic opportunity. This is just the beginning and as Uber evolves, we’re seeking unbelievably talented and thoughtful designers to define and execute against a giant vision that builds upon what Uber has brought to the world so far.
Uber is looking for designers experienced in digital communications and visual design, and a passion for developing best in class creative solutions on a global scale. If you have the right stuff to join the Uber Design team, you’ll work with Uber’s People Development team to bring the magic of Uber to the learning experience. You’ll create world class and immersive visual experience that elevates and increases the impact of our learning and development programs for thousands of employees around the world – from new employees to seasoned managers.
The role demands great execution, bold innovation, obsession with quality, fearlessness and optimism to be inspired by the unknown and never settle, solving problems with creativity while keeping the learner in mind, and ambition to take projects to the finish line.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Create inspiring and stunning visual experiences, including infographics, presentations, web and print graphics, transitions, and animations, to support a variety of learning delivery types, including online self-paced, live sessions, mobile, and video
- Explore and ideate with other team members to make learning programs engaging, fresh and interesting.
- Translate our brand and culture into innovative design concepts that keep our programs inspiring and effective
- Provide resources, guidelines and templates for creating elegant and thoughtful learning content
- Help scale our learning programs at a blistering pace by applying creativity and critical thinking to solve problems and simplify complex concepts.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- 3+ years visual design experience in a fast-paced, high growth environment
- Portfolio showcasing best in class work, designing for a wide range of projects, including branded executions (web, print, product, packaging, design guidelines)
- Strong conceptual thinker with proven ability to deliver elegant pixel perfect design work at high volumes under tight timelines
- Mastery of Keynote and Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign). Bonus points for: After Effects, Premiere, C4D, 3DS Max, audio
- A solid understanding of designing for functionality, interaction, site architecture, user interface, and navigation
- Eagerness to learn and experiment with new skills, styles and trends
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, hyper-growth environment
- Strong communicator – ability to clearly articulate creative decisions and comfortable presenting work to cross-functional teams and executives
- Ability to own a sizable part of a project without much oversight, highly organized and able to effectively manage your time and prioritize your work
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top