COE Site Lead - (Manila) Apac
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 500 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the women and men who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
The APACx COE Site Lead will be responsible for site delivery metrics, delighting our stakeholders, high external customer satisfaction, and developing our people across the APACx Centers of Excellence (COE's).
Based in Manila, but working with teams across the region, the APACx COE Site Lead will provide hands-on leadership to help design, prioritize, and implement expansion and scaling of our network. You'll help manage and launch new operations in Jakarta, Philippines, Bangkok, Ho Chi Minh, etc.. We're looking for someone who can set create and steer a culture of excellent delivery and customer care while remaining true to the Uber mission. This role will be responsible for the overall quality and financial responsibilities of multiple sites in the region.
As a key member of Uber's APAC Community Operations team, you will partner with the Regional Leads to support strategic decision making through your delivery and operational mindset. The ideal candidate for this role should have strong management capability, an ability to build and nurture stakeholder relationships, be organized and tenacious in meeting SLA and KPI targets, and have the ability to clearly communicate and present information to seek buy-in.
What you'll be doing:
- Operational strength: You do not accept when delivery isn't meeting target. You know which levers to pull and what people to trust in getting operations back in line. You provide guidance and experience in managing your volumes and resources across multiple sites.
- Stakeholder management: You understand our business is a privilege and you invest time in our stakeholder relationships. Structured meeting and reporting cadences that ensure our numbers and quality meet expectations and our stakeholders are informed. You prove every day why we provide the best support to customers.
- Employee champion: You develop our talent, providing the leadership and the training to take our best agents and managers to the next level. You help identify our weakness and our strengths and find ways to engage with our growing employee base. You make our centers a great place to work and one our people are likely to recommend.
- Process improvement: Identify operational and structural weaknesses and help improve existing or develop new processes to keep the centers as efficient as possible.
- Scale: Build, maintain, and communicate as we build our centers through Southeast Asia. You'll be the point person for every activity within our growing network.
Here are the kinds of skills we're looking for:
- Experienced: You have 12-15 years of delivery experience; you've run a site or a large portfolio of business; you have obtained a Bachelor's degree from a top university; an MBA degree is highly preferred
- Creative: This is new ground for us, building local language support through a complicated landscape across multiple countries. You need to be creative and able to design and think for yourself. We need to do things quickly, and we need to do them well; balancing those can be challenging, and this should be a strength
- Clear communicator: You are a clear and concise communicator with the ability to synthesize a lot of information quickly, highlight the key take aways, and disseminate actionable insights
- A "driver" personality: Biased toward action, great collaborator and master disambiguator/simplifier - constantly pushing toward clarity and delivery
- Tenacity: You never hesitate to roll up your sleeves and tackle something hands-on; you persevere when others fade away. Hyper growth doesn't scare you, it motivates you.
- Able to travel: You're willing to travel throughout the region in order to establish and manage our network.
- Employees are given Uber credits each month.
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top