Code Health Engineer
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
About the Role
As an engineer focused on code health you will develop automated and manual tooling and services to measure, track, and implement software quality in a large code base. You work efficiently and establish relationships with distributed teams located at Uber ATG offices in Pittsburgh, San Francisco, Phoenix, and Toronto. Occasional travel to Uber ATG locations is expected and required.
What You'll Do
- Help to develop, support and enable the best software engineering practices across a large software engineering team
- We're looking for software engineers who flourish with learning new technologies and don't believe in one-size-fits-all solutions. You should be able to adapt easily to meet the needs of our massive growth and dynamic business environment
- In addition to having an intimate knowledge of core engineering fields, you understand how all the pieces fit together into integrated systems, and how they impact performance
What You'll Need
- Experience designing and coding unit tests for complex cyber-physical systems
- Familiarity with developing test plans, stress-testing software, and designing large-scale integration tests
- Prior experience programming in C/C++/Python
- Prior experience developing automated testing pipelines and release management systems
- Familiarity with the isolation, documentation, and tracking of issues systematically
- Comfort with analysis of test results and automated reporting systems
- Proficiency in communicating with vehicle technicians, software engineers, and executives
- You think a working proof-of-concept is the best way to make a point. You flourish with the belief that quality doesn't have to be compromised to achieve speed - you can have both at the same time
About the Team
At the Advanced Technologies Group (ATG), we are building technologies that will transform the way the world moves. Our teams in Pittsburgh, San Francisco, Phoenix, and Toronto are dedicated to mapping, software and hardware development, vehicle safety, and operations for self-driving technology. Our teams are passionate about developing a self-driving system that will one day move people and things around more safely, efficiently, and cost effectively.
We believe that you can achieve more on a team - that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. We rely on others' candid feedback for continuous improvement. We pride our team for establishing ownership over everything we ship; you'd never call code "released" until you're sure it's correct. You pride yourself on efficient monitoring, excellent documentation, and proper test coverage.
Back to top