Cloud Security Engineer (Seattle)
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
About the job
Uber's Security team works to ensure the security of all private, personal and payment information for our full set of users - riders, drivers and partners. Our ultimate goal is to ensure that every single experience with Uber is simple, secure, and safe.
We are seeking a hands-on security engineer to join our Infrastructure Security team to help secure our cloud infrastructure and deliver secure cloud-based applications vital to supporting our growth.
Who you are
We are looking for someone with experience deploying and managing major cloud-based services. You can drive vision and scope, define approaches, evaluate vendor offerings, and implement tools, with speed and at scale. You are are experienced in security, cloud-based infrastructure, and tools delivery.
What you'll do
- Drive technology vision for secure, scalable cloud applications within Uber
- Provide subject matter expertise on architecture and systems security
- Lead the implementation and integration of tools and services for authentication, authorization, data security, policy management, auditing and compliance
- Instrument systems to enable detection of intrusions and abuse
- Collaborate with other engineering & business teams to execute against the vision and roadmap
What you'll need
- 5+ years hands-on security experience, with in-depth knowledge of security, scaling in the cloud, and software engineering practices
- Direct experience with public cloud service providers
- A solid understanding of information security standards & methodologies
- Strong coding experience
- Exceptional problem solving skills
- Ability to distill complex security problems and drive toward creative solutions
- Strong organizational and relationship skills
Be sure to check out the Uber Engineering Blog to learn more about the team.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top