We’re disrupting the transportation space and growing rapidly in both the U.S. and internationally. This is an excellent opportunity for an intellectually curious actuary to gain valuable non-traditional actuarial experience while working in one of Uber’s most critical and fastest growing divisions. This actuary will report directly to the Lead Actuary and be based at Uber’s HQ in San Francisco. So if you’re ready to go deep working on a rewarding set of challenges and if you’ve got the skills, experience, passion, and a strong team mentality – read on and get in touch!
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Design business intelligence metrics and dashboards to monitor and manage in claim processing and handling
- Design and implement data strategy for claims and incidents
- Work closely with predictive modeling team to build claims models for use in management, reserving, pricing and predictive models
- Partner with Sr. Manager of Claims to implement claims and TPA process improvements
- Support adoption of Risk Management database
- Ad hoc pricing, risk modeling, and traditional actuarial work
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR IN YOU
- ACAS/FCAS with 4-6 years of property and casualty insurance experience
- BA/BS in Math, Statistics, Economics, or similar
- Personal and commercial auto reserving or experience with claims analytics
- Experience with product management or MBA a plus
- Excellent Excel skills, familiarity with SQL, R or Python
- Great communication and presentation skills, able to multitask, stay organized and be a team player
- Balance attention to detail with swift execution
- Hunger and drive to learn complex topics
- Enthusiasm about Uber!
- Employees receive monthly Uber credits
- The rare opportunity to work on a product which is changing the world. Uber is not just another social app: we’re reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top