City Coordinator - Uber Eats, Tokyo
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
ABOUT THE JOB
Uber is a marketplace, and our City Coordinator role focuses on the "supply" side of that marketplace in their city - they optimize the quantity and quality of delivery partners available to our users, and by continually find ways for delivery partners to get onto the road.
In practice this requires a unique mix of marketing and product development skills; an ability to use our data and your smarts to operationalise and execute on given tasks quickly, as well as help to design and improve procedures & processes, and vendor relationship management.
Highly refined people skills, as well as toughness, persistence and grit, are required to ensure execution excellence, while providing the quality of service we demand for our users. This is an intense, business-side startup role which has a clear and direct, impact on the growth of our business.
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team
WHAT YOU NEED
- Passion for startups - You will be embedded in one of the fastest growing business units, in an area where Playbooks and Best Practices are still being drafted. You are expected to be able to quickly grasp business concepts and execute on tasks assigned to you, while working under tight timeline and scarce resources. Efficiency is the name of the same - working hard and smart is expected.
- Business instincts - Inherently curious by nature, you enjoy thinking about what makes different businesses tick. You'd be excited to master Uber's business model, and would doggedly pursue making that model flourish in your city.
- People skills - You'll need truly world-class people skills to be able to drive through new projects and ideas. Depending on the conversation, you'll need to be able to charm or cajole our partners and stakeholders accordingly.
- Recent graduate, 0-2 years full-time working experience
- Sharp, motivated, hard-working co-workers in a fun office environment
- Employees are given Uber credits each month
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; help shape the strategic direction of Uber
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built
- We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally
Salary and compensation based on experience.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Back to top