Chief Compliance Officer - Payments
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
We are looking for an experienced compliance professional to act as a trusted advisor to the business. The successful candidate will be a responsible business leader, with a track record of acting with integrity, to join Uber's legal team and support our Amsterdam-based European payments operation.
We are looking for a person keen to help us build a scalable, newly licensed operation, providing payment services to customers across Europe. The CCO, Payments will work closely with the business to establish and oversee Uber's European payments operation, including implementing effective risk management, Anti-Money Laundering and other critical policies.
This senior role will also provide more wide-ranging specialist support in connection with the payments activities of Uber globally, from our international hub in Amsterdam, which builds and manages product solutions for cities across the world to enable payments on the Uber platform.This is a once-in-a-career opportunity to join an exciting company engaged in cutting-edge technology making a real difference in cities across the world, while also establishing compliance as an reliable engine for sustainable growth.
This position will be an important role in Uber's Legal team, and report directly to the Chief Payments Counsel for Uber in San Francisco.
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Finding the right balance of managing robust systems and controls, with enabling business goals.
- Lead in the design, supervision and provision of an effective training and awareness programme for Financial Crime, Integrity and Business Ethics.
- Responsibility for Money Laundering policies and procedures, ensuring adherence to applicable laws and acting as MLRO for regulated products and services.
- Ensuring that Customer Due Diligence is conducted according to industry best practice.
- Stay abreast of legislative, regulatory and corporate governance developments that might affect Uber's Payments operation.
- Management and execution of the compliance monitoring programme; producing reports and making recommendations; and identifying compliance risks associated with the business activities. Follow up on resolution of compliance issues that may arise.
- Motivate and lead a team of analysts to put framework design into practice, manage escalations and syndicate compliance across the organisation.
WHO YOU ARE
- Experience leading a compliance function in a regulated payments entity in the EU.
- Familiarity with Payment Services Directive, E-Money Directive, and other relevant financial regulations, approved persons regimes and other relevant prudential requirements.
- Experience leading a compliance function, motivating team members, syndicating and championing the importance of compliance as an enabler of sustainable business growth.
- A passion for developing innovative compliance solutions and being a pragmatic partner to internal stakeholders across the organization.
- Commitment to acting with integrity, with high personal work standards.
- Fluent speaker in Dutch and English.
- Past work in the Fintech or startup ecosystem building scaled compliance infrastructure.
- Experience with one or more European financial regulatory bodies.
Full-time salary negotiable based on experience, and equity compensation plan. Applications must be submitted in English.
Back to top