Chicago Area Facilities Manager
Do you live and breath facilities management? Are you constantly looking for ways of streamlining processes? Do you love diving into the details and getting your hands dirty? If you answered yes to all of the above, this may be the opportunity that you’ve been waiting for! Uber is booming unlike any other company and Chicago is seeing a tremendous amount of growth. This role will be responsible for managing the Facilities functions at five of Uber’s Chicago sites.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
This role will be the lead site manager for five office locations in Chicago. You will work with vendors in security, food service, repairs and maintenance, IT/AV and general contractors. Your role will be instrumental in keeping track of maintenance and service schedules, contract management, office space, seating capacity, expenses and day to day operations of the offices. You will also interact regularly with the Regional GM and his/her senior leadership, Site Leads, as well as the Workplace Regional Manager and your facility’s landlord and/or property manager.
- Manage your facility’s maintenance and repairs, facility expansions or improvements and day to day operations.
- Interview, hire and manage all vendors providing Workplace Related Services to ensure quality, value and right level of service.
- Oversee operating budget and track opex spend for all offices.
- Take care of any workplace and global technology needs within the office and act as the liaison for such teams with matters that need to be escalated to the Regional Manager or HQ.
- Be the point person for all facilities related activities in the offices assigned to you. You will make sure that your office operates effectively and helps make people more effective.
- Work with rest of the workplace team to make sure that our global teams feel connected and part of the same company. Think globally and execute locally!
Still think this is you? Well keep reading…
- A great multi-tasker. You thrive in a fast-paced environment with constantly changing priorities and high customer demand.
- Knowledgeable. You and an industry expert on the proper use of equipment, materials and supplies used in maintenance work, etc.
- Service oriented. You are hands-on and can help lead people to be more effective . Furthermore, you are a Subject Matter Expert in all of your facility related matters.
- Strong communicator. You’re great at managing people, both internal as well as vendor and external partners.
- Detail oriented. You are a high performer with excellent record keeping and organizational skills.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- 5+ years of experience in maintenance, repairs, facility support.
- Background in day to day facility operations/office management and passion for customer service
- Simultaneously handled more than five projects and multiple vendors successfully
- Microsoft Office skills, i.e. Excel, Word plus Gmail, Google docs, Google calendar.
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team; an intelligent and articulate individual who can relate to people at all levels of an organization and possesses excellent communication skills.
- Physical requirements include stooping, standing, climbing and frequent lifting of a minimum of 40 lbs. of office and facilities equipment.
- A passion for Uber!
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, eight paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top