Central Ops Manager - Driver Obsessions (Experience & Insights)
Driver Obsession is our principal org-wide OKR and the strongest source of competitive moat we can build around our business . As a #DO manager, you will be championing Driver Obsession efforts across the country, defining our partner programs strategy and leading execution of a wide-portfolio of actions for #DriverHappiness.
About the Role:
Our mission for Driver Obsession:
- Protect Driver Earnings ensuring sustainability, transparency and stability of earnings at all times
- Establish scalable ways to discover, track and resolve all driver issues and pain-points
- Recognise and celebrate our drivers - add purpose and stature via driver stories, rider communications, and improved peer driver communication
- Be an enabler for a driver's lifestyle and aspirations
As the Partner Programs champion you will be responsible for delivery of prioritized DO programs under #uberCARES and Experience. This will include:
- Synthesizing Insights from all our listening posts including SAMAAJ, Support, GL
- Business Justification, Impact and Cost Assessment for chosen programs
- Partnering with cities to realise our #DO vision/initiatives
- Leading execution of national/central initiatives
- Cross functional work with BD and Product to prioritize high impact partnerships/product asks
- Driver Obsession Products Rollout
- Scaling successful engagement experiments across cities
- Being the voice of the Driver in all Uber business meetings and decisions
- Reporting and Communication for Partner Programs
WHAT YOU NEED:
- Strong ground connect - you understand what drivers want and you care
- Strong strategic thinking - Manage both the big picture and the details. You'll be responsible for setting the high level strategy, but you'll need to be organized and manage deadlines to ensure nothing gets missed. While driving the big picture strategy forward, you'll need to understand the details enough to take control and lead a conversation with city teams.
- 5-7 years of operational/analytical/commercial experience gained in consulting, investment banking, marketing or operations management. MBA is a plus.
- High throughput-Your strong bias towards action helped you earn the reputation of someone who gets things done. You love having a lot on your plate and get energy from being busy.
- Grit. You never hesitate to roll up your sleeves and tackle something hands-on, you persevere when others fall away.
- True passion for Uber's mission and the company's hybrid technology / operations nature.
- Experience creating and optimizing processes.
- A never-ending desire to grow and learn.
- Product development- You know what makes a product experience not just good, but amazing. You're able to lead cross functional teams to create partner integrations that delight users and drive measurable impact.
Employees are given Uber credits every month.
Fantastic opportunity to grow with the team; shape the strategic direction of your city.
The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top