Central Ops Lead - Airports
Lead growth, profitability and service delivery for all trips to and from Airports across IndiaSC.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
As the Lead of Airports for IndiaSC, you will envision and implement a roadmap and strategy for making Uber part of every airport experience and then lead the broader cross-functional team to success. This is a critical role, and your roadmap will span projects that range futuristic product asks to onground implementation to negotiating tough deals with Authorities.
Your end goal would be to make business from Airports across IndiaSC a high growth and profitable business, underlined with a magical customer experience. You will be leading all rider and supply growth, marketing, product and partnership efforts for Airports in India. You will have close responsibility for the growth of the business and collaborate with Central Marketing, BD, Product and City Teams around India and globally. This is a flexible, cross functional role and you'll draw on both your excellent analytic skills and your dependable interpersonal skills right away.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Build and own end to end strategy and execution of partnerships, rider demand and supply creation efforts for Airports in India
- Opportunity sizing and prioritization of Airports by city.
- Partner, build and maintain relationship, with relevant stakeholders - GVK, GMR, AAI and others.
- Finalize city level asks for all Airports in collaboration with city teams and local Airport teams.
- Participate in RFQs and tenders, identify, qualify, negotiate and close deals.
- Develop pitch, and commercial model of engagement.
- Partner with city teams on Operations elements of execution.
- Strategy - Lead the city Airports SPOC to operationalize which projects the team should prioritize, and set a timeline to reach goals quickly
- Create playbook for all initiatives and projects.
- Define desired rider experience at the Airport for pick up and drop off.
- Define desired driver experience at the Airport for pick up and drop off.
- Activate global products for Airports in India, and measure success.
- Co-work with the Airports product team to place India level requirements on the table, and execute the same.
- Conduct competitive benchmarking.
- Co-work with the BD team for travel related partnerships - ranging from Duty free shops, Relay magazine stores within terminals to, airlines, OTA, within terminal food chains.
- Partner with central marketing team to create and execute national marketing campaigns, digital campaigns, partnerships and CRM activities that help to further drive brand awareness and ridership at Airports.
- Constantly track success of marketing campaigns and partnerships with a focus on ROI.
- For Airports without partnerships, if permission unviable/not gettable, develop plans for capturing opportunity.
- Develop & Optimize Processes - Scale new and existing processes to allow the business to efficiently operate and grow; analyze the business to track and improve metrics and profitability.
- Process improvement - Identify operational and structural weaknesses and help improve or innovate new processes to keep our local and regional teams as efficient as possible.
- Build, maintain, and communicate detailed reporting models to assist city-level, regional, and leadership efforts, and make data-driven decisions.
- Policy - Manage local and Pan-India regulatory concerns to decrease frictions and increase participation in tenders
- Comms - Have a pan India or regional comms strategy for Airports, to ensure smooth operations in all cities, with minimum backlash from present players.
- Drive initiatives. You will drive and support key initiatives across our business teams to grow strategic and long term opportunities with our various partners. This involves wearing many hats and jumping in to help your teammates when the need arises.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- Ability to take initiative in a constantly-changing work environment
- Strong strategic thinking - Manage both the big picture and the details. You'll be responsible for setting the high level strategy, but you'll need to be organized and manage deadlines to ensure nothing gets missed. While driving the big picture strategy forward, you'll need to understand the details enough to take control and lead a conversation with city teams.
- 5-7 years of operational/analytical/commercial experience gained in consulting, investment banking, marketing or operations management. MBA is a plus.
- High throughput-Your strong bias towards action helped you earn the reputation of someone who gets things done. You love having a lot on your plate and get energy from being busy.
- Grit. You never hesitate to roll up your sleeves and tackle something hands-on, you persevere when others fall away.
- Strong negotiator with a commercial mindset: You'll use strong business judgement based on strong analytics (including costs, conversion, retention, LTV and ROI) to identify where the biggest opportunities lie based on reach, alignment, and value delivered to our customers.
- Data-driven decision making mentality and sound business judgment through excellent analytical thinking
- Strong ground connect - You understand the city requirements, and you're spending the majority of the time working with various internal and external cross functional teams and city teams, building and really cultivating new relationships and having a collaborative approach to get things done with buy in and help from multiple stakeholders.
- Product development- You know what makes a product experience not just good, but amazing. You're able to lead cross functional teams to create partner integrations that delight users and drive measurable impact.
- True passion for Uber's mission and the company's hybrid technology / operations nature.
- Experience creating and optimizing processes.
- A never-ending desire to grow and learn.
- Employees are showered with Uber credits each month.
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- Monthly gym reimbursement.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top