Central Operations, Operations Manager - Uber Freight
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're re-imagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
About the Role
As a part of the Uber Freight Operations team, you will work on defining and improving our operational workflow across our Sales and Account Management organization. You will work cross functionally with teams across Uber Freight, solving some of our largest operational problems, building processes, and providing analytical insights to the team. You should have strong project management skills, excellent time-management and organizational habits, and the ability to analyze and clearly communicate information to cross functional stakeholders.
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team
What You'll Do
- Problem solve. We're faced with new and interesting problems that need solved every single day.
- Identify and implement short-term solutions in a timely manner, while helping define the long-term solution
- Identify operational weaknesses and help improve or innovate new processes to keep our teams as efficient as possible
- Project Management: You'll have projects that span across all teams within Uber Freight and will have the opportunity to own these projects from end to end
- Analytics: Utilize data to understand our operational performance and areas for improvement. Know how to use the data and turn that into action
- Work closely across our team to measure the impact and efficiency of new products and business processes
- Ability to function in an ambiguous environment. You'll be the go to person for many key operational initiatives
What you'll need
- Minimum 2 years experience in a data driven/consulting role; some high-growth operations or startup experience is preferred.
- Balance of attention to detail with swift execution - we need to do things quickly, and we need to do them well. Balancing those can be challenging, and this should be a strength.
- Explorer at heart - the ability to self-serve, investigate and problem solve. You're a self-starter, and a growth mindset attitude is a must!
- Comfortable with ambiguity; the ability to structure ideas into actionable plans.
- Clear communicator. You are a clear and concise communicator with the ability to synthesize a lot of information quickly, highlight the key takeaways, and disseminate actionable insights.
- Strong Excel / data management skills. SQL Proficiency preferred.
- Bachelor's Degree strongly preferred
- An excitement for reinventing one of the largest industries in the world and helping to build an incredibly impactful marketplace from the ground up.
About the Team
Uber Freight connect shippers with truckers, much like the way that Uber connects riders and drivers. We are a team of sharp, entrepreneurial individuals who are redefining the movement of things around the world. On the Uber Freight team, we fiercely believe that our dedication to transportation technologies will bring more harmonious, highly efficient, and increasingly safer transportation logistics to our roads.
Back to top