Central Operations Manager (LA)
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
Uber is looking for sharp, highly motivated individuals to join our US & Canada Rides Central Operations team. If you love setting a vision, managing cross-functional stakeholders, pushing projects forward to deliver measurable and strategically meaningful results, and solving problems from both 30,000 feet as well as deep in the details, this is the role for you.
As one of the world's fastest growing companies, we're generating vast amounts of data every day. We use this data to inform everything we do: ensure balance in the marketplace, identify ways to continually make the Uber experience better for drivers and riders, deploy incentives and promotions, understand customer behavior, develop and launch new product offerings, and more.
Central Operations Managers make decisions and create processes using this data every day, and are critical to developing and owning our US & Canada business strategy.
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team
What You'll Do
- Drive analysis on important decisions that inform key business initiatives, including marketplace balancing efforts, promotion targeting decisions, customer engagement programs, and more.
- Identify operational weaknesses and help improve or innovate new processes
- Work with other Central Operations managers to solve the hardest problems impacting the customer experience and the overall business
- Build, maintain, communicate, and present detailed reporting at city, regional, and mega-regional levels
- Present models, findings and insights to senior management to drive business decisions
- Collaborate with local and other Central Operations teams, as well as marketing, product and other central functions, to ensure that insights inform broader strategic initiatives
- This role demands excellent stakeholder and project management skills
- The Central Operations team owns the business, and your team will be responsible for monitoring, correcting, and executing business processes in functional areas
- Some team focus areas include:
- Airports Strategy
- Driver Onboarding
What You'll Need
- 3+ years experience of investment banking / consulting / business intelligence / strategy or related experience; some high-growth operations or startup experience is strongly preferred.
- Exceptional communication and organization skills
- A "driver" personality - biased toward action - constantly pushing toward clarity and delivery
- Exceptional Excel / data management skills.
- Self-motivated, works independently and possesses strong organization and time management skills
- BA/BS from top university.
- SQL Proficiency strongly preferred
Back to top