Central Operations Lead - Driver Accounts & Strategy
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
About the Role
The Driver Accounts & Strategy Lead will tackle the most critical projects that impact the way in which drivers experience the Uber platform - including driving the conversation on tipping, earnings, and loyalty programs as they pertain to the US & Canada business. Based in our US & Canada Operations HQ in Washington, DC, but working with teams across the US & Canada business, this role will provide hands-on leadership to develop strategies and manage a team that designs, prioritizes, and implements projects across the region on one of our most critically important topics. The leader in this role will also be charged with building a vision for the team, including organizational questions and leading recruiting efforts.
Leveraging operational and analytical experience from challenging environments in the past, this role will be instrumental in driving our business forward. We're looking for someone who can set a vision and can solve problems from 30,000 feet as well as dive deep into the details. This role will be focused on our rider prices, but will work broadly across a variety of teams within the company across many functions.
As a key member of Uber's Operations team, you will partner with the Central Operations Driver Group Lead and the rest of the US Leadership team to drive strategic decisions by critically framing problems, taking a heavily data-driven approach to understanding them, and then closely overseeing the implementation of the solutions. The ideal candidate for this role should have strong strategic thinking and analytical skills, a proven record of management excellence, robust time-management and organizational habits, and the ability to clearly communicate and present information to drive stakeholder alignment.
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team
What You'll Do
- Vision: Work closely with business leaders across the company to develop and refine our driver strategy in the US & Canada.
- Thought Leadership: Work with leadership to set strategic priorities, align regional and company vision, and push the thinking to continue innovating
- Program/Project Management: Be the glue that brings teams together to ensure a seamless driving experience for our customers. Be a hustling multi-tasker, leading cross-functional groups to decisions on strategically important and complex questions.
- Process improvement: Identify operational and structural weaknesses and help improve existing or or develop new processes to keep us as efficient as possible
- Scale: Analyze business operations and ensure we are operating at the highest possible scale while also leveraging our in-market resources
- Build Relationships: Interface with other functional areas (Finance, Product, Marketing, Public Affairs, Legal, Engineering, People Operations, etc.) to ensure we are bringing all available tools to bear on our toughest problems.
- Lead by example: Be incredibly truth-seeking with data, set a high bar for the team to think boldly and creatively and then to funnel that energy into concrete processes and execution plans, move fast, be biased toward action.
What You'll Need
- 8+ years of investment banking / consulting / business intelligence / strategy or related experience; some entrepreneurial experience is preferred.
- Clear communicator. You are a clear and concise communicator with the ability to synthesize a lot of information quickly, highlight the important points, and disseminate actionable insights. You're comfortable communicating with executives across various functions.
- Demonstrated decision-making skills. You think critically about all angles of a problem, digging in deeper where needed, and make smart long-term decisions.
- Strategic planning. You break down broad problems to create prioritized forward-thinking action plans.
- Ability to work with remote teams and across time zones to develop strategies and foster a cohesive and creative work environment.
- Balance attention to detail with swift execution - we need to do things quickly, and we need to do them well. Balancing those can be challenging, and this should be a strength.
- Explorer - the ability to self-serve, investigate and get the data we require will make you much more effective in this role. Self-starter attitude is a must!
- A high bar across the board - from your own contributions to the people you work with to the products you work on.
- Exceptional Excel / data management skills.
- Grittiness. You never hesitate to roll up your sleeves and tackle something hands-on; you persevere when others fall away.
- SQL proficiency strongly preferred.
Back to top