Carrier Comms Manager, UberFreight
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
About the Role
We're looking for a Comms Manager to uphold our brand identity while attracting new carriers and engaging existing carriers across the Uber Freight network. You will be strategist, central liaison and gatekeeper for outgoing comms across various various outbound channels including email, SMS, in-app messaging, etc. You will be responsible for creating, aligning stakeholders, and executing a comms strategy to accomplish business objectives.
The right person will be comfortable in an "all hands on deck" environment, able to operate and coordinate across multiple teams, and able to thrive in a fast paced start-up culture. You should be a proven innovator and marketing expert, ready to create and execute a campaign strategy that can match our rapidly evolving product & brand. We're looking for a battle-tested bar-raiser.
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team
What You'll Do
- Develop and shape the voice of the Uber Freight brand by designing a strategy, streamlining comms, and ensuring that Uber Freight has a strong voice to Carriers
- Be the gatekeeper for outbound comms to Carriers. If it's sent, you approved it and it's part of your larger strategy
- Monitor the effectiveness of content-driven campaigns using relevant monitoring and A/B testing tools. Generate analytics reports and effectively tweak approach and content based on results.
- Document and playbook everything. The learnings from today will pave the way for growth in the region and other markets around the world.
- Apply your creativity - be it through catchy copy, striking photography, timely themes, etc - toward acquiring, engaging and retaining carriers and carrier drivers. Set and deliver on quantitative campaign goals, i.e. CPA, referrals, driver engagement, etc.
- Maintain quality control over content submitted by team.
What You'll Need
- 2-4 years of experience in campaign management, project management, content creation / copywriting, analytics, and optimization at a brand, agency, or publisher
- A creative thinker, with an eye for design and maniacal attention to detail
- An established track record in managing successful content campaigns from ideation to production
- Experience making data-driven marketing decisions using A/B testing, funnel analysis, or similar methods
- Proven ability to work well under pressure and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Have an entrepreneurial drive
- Comfort with HTML and Photoshop
- Passionate about Uber Freight
- SQL experience preferred
Back to top