CA & Caribbean Tax Manager
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
About the Role
As the company is looking to expand globally at a rapid speed, we are looking to add a Central America and Caribbean (CAC) Tax Manager. The position is to be based in Bogotá, Colombia.
This role will work closely with various internal teams such as legal, finance and operations, and external advisors to execute tax-planning initiatives, ensure local compliance, defend and resolve disputes, and help build a solid tax function in CAC.
We are looking for hands-on and results driven international tax expert who thrives in a fast pace and uncertain environment.
What You'll Do
- Manage Uber's income tax, transfer pricing and VAT in Mexico, Central America and Caribbean regions
- Ensure legal entities compliance and tax reporting
- Collaborate with cross functional teams regarding tax, treasury, finance and other matters
- Manage controversy and correspondence with tax authorities
- Support business initiatives, new products and implementations
What You'll Need
- A minimum of 7 years of relevant experience is expected, but we will consider candidates with less experience if they meet our other requirements
- Big 4 experience strongly preferred with in-house background
- Extensive experience with tax matters in the region
- Bachelor's or advanced degree in Tax, Accounting / Finance or related field
- CPA and/or Master's in Taxation preferred
- Experience in a high-growth, international environment preferred
- Great communication skills, well organized with a proven leadership ability
About the Team
We build scalable and well-controlled processes to support timely and accurate financial and statutory reporting and ensure compliance with regional and local tax regulations.
Back to top