CA & Caribbean Tax Manager (Based in Bogota or Panama)
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
What you'll do
- Manage Uber's income tax, transfer pricing and VAT in Mexico, Central America and Caribbean regions
- Ensure legal entities compliance and tax reporting
- Collaborate with cross functional teams regarding tax, treasury, finance and other matters
- Manage controversy and correspondence with tax authorities
- Support business initiatives, new products and implementations
What you'll need
- 7+ years of relevant experience
- Big 4 experience strongly preferred with in-house background, ideally in Fortune 500, US based corporation
- Extensive experience with tax matters in the region
- Bachelor's or advanced degree in Tax, Accounting / Finance or related field
- CPA and/or Master's in Taxation preferred
- Experience in a high-growth, international environment preferred
- Great communication skills, well organized with a proven leadership ability
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top