Buyer - Global Product Operations
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 500 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
Uber's Global Product Operations group is dedicated to enabling our world-class talent and optimizing technology for the future of mobility.
What you'll do
- Inaugural member of the global operational purchasing team.
- Support purchase requests, p-card orders, & supplier setups.
- Ensure sanctity of procurement processes for: contracts, purchase requests, purchase approval/orders, audit compliance and high data quality especially around GL coding and anything impacting accruals.
- Continuous improvement of p2p processes & systems that will scale to meet Uber's growing global business needs.
- Develop training material and broadly distributed communications.
- Develop positive relationships with the internal customers and ensure consistent customer service.
- Review spend metrics, share discoveries and suggest improvements to the buying process.
- Teach and verify that the correct procurement process is upheld.
- Act with a high sense of urgency. Procurement is not a bottleneck!
- Excellent vendor management, influence, and expediting capabilities.
What you'll need
- 5+ years of experience in procurement.
- Confirmed ability to align a diverse group of partners and vendors with seemingly conflicting priorities.
- Experience in a fast growing company with a focus on execution.
- Excellent technical knowledge of systems such as Coupa and Oracle.
- Excellent knowledge of the procure-to-pay process.
- Excellent analytical, verbal and written skills including a high attention to detail.
- Confirmed customer obsession and work ethic based on strong desire to exceed expectations.
- A real passion for Uber!
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, ten paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top